By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Many Male Gamers Choose To Play As A Female [MALE ONLY POLL OBVIOUSLY]

How Many Male Gamers Choose To Play As A Female

Male 280 36.75%

Female 322 42.26%

Show me the results 160 21.00%

Total:762
ironmanDX said:
I do when playing multiplayer. A perceived advantage because they're smaller. I know the hitboxes are the same but I do it anyway.

Rarely do I do it for single player. DA:I comes to mind. I'll usually just go with the default character. My Commander Shepard has to look like the one on the cover.

It's funny, mine didn't until Mass Effect 3 rolled around, and then everyone picked femshep to be the same freckled redhead I had been playing all along. It was almost like they plucked her from out of my game, ha. 

Around the Network

As many others say, Depends.

I usually go for default. But if the game is fully customizable character then I choose a man because it fits my theme the best. If the game has voice acting I generally choose a woman.

Example: DQH2 gives you 2 choices a douchey guy or a short pink haired girl. I, of course chose the girl.

In the first DQH I didn't like the girl much so I chose the guy.

I play as female characters a lot. Generally speaking I think they're more interesting. It does depend on the game but when all things are equal I usually choose the female.

Goodnightmoon said:
I'm a male and I always choose males but of course I have zero problems playing as a woman.

Same here.

If there's a character customization tool I make a character that's like me: male.

If there are several playable characters, I pick the one with stats/attributes that match my playstyle. Sometimes it's a male character, sometimes a female character.

If there's no choice in the matter then I go with the flow :)

Around the Network

Always a male character. Quite simply, I identify as male.

If I have the choice, I want to experience the game through the eyes of a man, not a woman. Especially if there is romance involved, like in Harvest Moon and recent Fire Emblem games.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Last game I played with that option was digimon Cyber Sleuth. I chose the girl since I thought the design was better and looked better overall

I usually pick guys in games like Dragon age since I try to make myself in the character creator, but I have no problem using women

In games where you can build your character from the ground up, I'll choose male every time because it's easier for me to play the character as if it's me. I have no problems playing female characters like Lara, Ellie or Aloy though because you're playing the game as them and seeing things from their perspective. It's a part of the story.

I switch it up. Most times I play as a male character though.

I'm old fashioned, I choose my own gender to be my player.