By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Many Male Gamers Choose To Play As A Female [MALE ONLY POLL OBVIOUSLY]

How Many Male Gamers Choose To Play As A Female

Male 280 36.75%

Female 322 42.26%

Show me the results 160 21.00%

Total:762

I always play as a female if I have a choice.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

Female, because I want something attractive to look at. Strong women are also likeable imo

Depends on my mood so gender doesn't matter

If it's a sim game, male only. It's hard to immerse myself when my avatar isn't my own gender.

If it's a game with established characters, I guess I could go either way, or try both if I like the game enough. I'm still scarred from Tales of Xillia though, where the game gives you the option to pick the male or female lead, but half-asses all the big twists on the female's route.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

When given an option I play as male, but doesn't shun away from games with a female protagonist, like Tomb Raider or Metroid.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

All things being equal, I generally choose to play as a female character.

First, because it's something different. I'm not looking to play a heroic version of myself, I want to play a role and create a character that is someone else. I feel like I'm more free when envisioning a female character.

Female characters typically fit my playstyle, as well. I highly favor stealth and/or ranged. I like speed and agility. Snipers, thieves, assassins, those are usually my first choices. I really like the idea of characters who are far more deadly than they look. I almost never go with the "badass" or "former soldier" options in any kind of character creation tool, male or female.

And, yes, I admit it, I prefer looking at a female character, especially in game with a lot of outfit customization. I love having different outfits in games, it's a major draw with mods for Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

I usually choose female over male characters.
I also only play flat chested female characters in fighting games, if made possible.

It only really when I look at my gaming collection in this way do I realise the dearth of females leads. I suppose still, even why I have the choice I gravitate to the male characters.

Mass Effect: 1 female save v 4 male, although the female save was the only I played through all 3 games. I played as Scott in Andromeda.
Dishonored: I choose Corvo, as I wanted to carry on as the player from the first game but I still want to play it again as Emily.
Pokemon: It makes nect to no difference to the game, but I've never played as the female character.
Assassins Creed Syndicate: I preferred Jacob, mainly as he was the brute force character and Evie was more stealth.

I play as a female In Splatoon because its design is better! and Bayonetta 2 because Bayonetta.
but in Pokemon, all my team is male 

RolStoppable said:
Females are simply better.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.