By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - NeoGAF in shambles (now back, no OT discussion, statement from Evilore)

Pretty sure the site will come back. Does the server suddenly just stop working becuase some mods quit?

Around the Network

BTW ethomaz on Vizioneck said the gaf mods on their discord chat are planning to set up a gaf replacement not owned by evil lore. This could get very interesting!

How big is NeoGaf anyway? Is it way bigger than VGChartz?

o_O.Q said:
monocle_layton said:

Yeah I'll just stop then. This is clearly ridiculous

clearly ridiculous?

you made the claim that i need to be a feminist because women do not have equal rights and i to asked you what rights women lack?

why can't you answer such a simple question? that according to you justifies the ideology?

are you starting to see now why i call it an irrational ideology when you can't rationally explain it?

Modern uses of a word doesn't change it in any way. Christianity (and other religions) have known cases of being violent and bigoted, and changes experienced don't change the original message.

Feminism itself simply means equal rights for men and women. Look past the political bullshit. Do you think women shouldn't be treated like garbage? Then you support the #1 and original belief in feminism.

I never entered the discussion about whether women lack certain rights - Polygot did, not me.

I can explain the ideology perfectly fine. I think women always deserve to be given the same chances as me (excluding very few cases), and I'm sure you think similarly. Unless you don't believe in equal rights, then we're both feminists according to the Merriam-Webster definition.

I answered the question, and unlike most people I couldn't give less of a shit about the modern day whackos. I don't waste my time ranting about those 'stupid leftists' or the 'racist conservatives'. I'm not a child, and I'd prefer to discuss a topic without these fucking retarded terms being thrown around. 

Maybe some feminists are rapists or disgusting humans. Ok, what do I do? Should I be against healthcare if some healthcare supporters are terrible people? The original belief of feminism will always be the idea that both sexes should experience equality (or equity). I'm not here to debate whether women are truly equal in the western world or not. I never touched that topic.

Soundwave said:
Pretty sure the site will come back. Does the server suddenly just stop working becuase some mods quit?

Wouldn't think so, but depends if they were malicous when they left, and how much access they had...

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Soundwave said:

Not anymore

But yeah, it was way bigger. Way way way bigger.

Like 10x bigger? Seems like there's maybe 2000-3000 posters here, with a good chunk of those not posting much. I'd guesstimate maybe 400-500 peeps that post regularily. Have no idea if that's correct but that's about what it feels like. 

Ka-pi96 said:
Soundwave said:

Like 10x bigger? Seems like there's maybe 2000-3000 posters here, with a good chunk of those not posting much. I'd guesstimate maybe 400-500 peeps that post regularily. Have no idea if that's correct but that's about what it feels like. 

I gotta say your VGC estimates seem pretty high to me. But yeah, in its prime gaf probably was at least 10x bigger than VGC.

Yeah you're probably right, I think it's more about 300-400 people that post here regularily and some of those are probably alts. I don't mind, just trying to get a scope of what we're talking about. 

How are people even getting all this info if NeoGaf is down? 

Soundwave said:

Not that this is accurate, but alexa ranks VGChartz as 21615 and neogaf as 1729.

If they stay down for a week or more, I bet they will fall fast...

Mods I expect some follow through on the warning, bring me some delicious bans in this thread.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Soundwave said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Not anymore

But yeah, it was way bigger. Way way way bigger.

Before it crashed and burned this week Gaf was probably the biggest gaming forum around for reference they ranked 25th in US for online traffic, this is the board that had gaming devs, journalists, analysts and so on amongst their daily users and their now infamous founder was offered $10m to sell the site two years ago.

In the last 3 months they've had like 30m views so they're far bigger than any other gaming board, it became notorious for being a pain to join and it's modding where it started as simply removing toxic individuals and trolls and ended up going down the path of being totalitarian where if you simply disagreed with people there or didn't jump on the bandwagon you got banned.

Youtuber Boogie218 got banned over the gamergate fiasco because he pointed out that it wasn't a movement to attack women but was focused on ethics in gaming journalism.