By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - NeoGAF in shambles (now back, no OT discussion, statement from Evilore)

UltimateGamer1982 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Pretty much. I hope it's not true, for her sake, but his past instances of assaulting women sexually, plus how he went completely silent and banned people trying to talk about the matter, and then took his forum down, that's not the behaviour of someone who is innocent. That is someone trying to run damage control.

Or simply hiding hoping the issue goes away by itself. 

Yep, that's been one way he has handled this in the past in regards to how he treats women. Ban, silence discussion on the matter, sweep it under the rug, wait for the shitstorm to pass.

But all those mods quitting kind of makes that impossible this time.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Lawlight said:

The wage pay gap myth has been debunked a long time ago. I suggest checking out the factual feminist's youtube video on it.

For the second, yes but what equal rights are you fighting for? 

"Myth" How is it a myth? Are you saying they don't get paid less? And for the second one, I'm saying that there is a certain mindset that exists that views sexual assault of women as more acceptable than sexual assault of men.

Edit: Saw the mod post, so edited. Will PM you.

Yeah Gaf is the worst. Getting banned for calling out Anita for being a liar? Hilarious. 95% full of hypocrites.

LimaBean01 said:
theDX said:

white men

Do you think a single white male has been extremely hurt and/or bullied by a group to the point where they have become suicidal? Do you think white men experience harsh discrimination in their lives? Do you think they live in fear??? From people who insulted them online?????? I'm sure you could make an argument for those points but seriously; if you think white men are being hurt and are suffering, as a result of some people who want to lower their social status to the same level of other groups, you need to go outside lol. I don't even agree with most of the things the dreaded sjw's campaign for but seriously...

https://afsp.org/about-suicide/suicide-statistics/

I'd answer yes to most of the other points too.

monocle_layton said:
o_O.Q said:

because feminism has become primarily based on the idea that equality of outcomes can be achieved between men and women... which is asinine

"Feminism simply means you believe women should gain equal rights."

what rights do men have that women lack?

"negativity reaches the spotlight - simple as that"

well... as i've said we're just getting started

Yeah I'll just stop then. This is clearly ridiculous

clearly ridiculous?

you made the claim that i need to be a feminist because women do not have equal rights and i to asked you what rights women lack?

why can't you answer such a simple question? that according to you justifies the ideology?

are you starting to see now why i call it an irrational ideology when you can't rationally explain it?

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Harkins1721 said:
Yeah Gaf is the worst. Getting banned for calling out Anita for being a liar? Hilarious. 95% full of hypocrites.

Who is this Anita and why do we hate her?

Just a hypocrite no one needs to worry about.

VGPolyglot said:
Lawlight said:

Modern feminism in developed countries, where men and women have the same rights, is an unneeded idealogy.

Maybe same "rights" in theory, but in practice it's not the case.

the law is not perfect because its enforced by humans beings who are flawed... that is never going to change

the law fails both men and women

so its pretty much a mute point to bring this up unless you can point to statistics that show there is a massive inbalance and i'm pretty sure that you cannot

for example it is widely known and unchallenged that men gain much harsher sentences for infractions than women do

brendude13 said:
LimaBean01 said:

Do you think a single white male has been extremely hurt and/or bullied by a group to the point where they have become suicidal? Do you think white men experience harsh discrimination in their lives? Do you think they live in fear??? From people who insulted them online?????? I'm sure you could make an argument for those points but seriously; if you think white men are being hurt and are suffering, as a result of some people who want to lower their social status to the same level of other groups, you need to go outside lol. I don't even agree with most of the things the dreaded sjw's campaign for but seriously...

https://afsp.org/about-suicide/suicide-statistics/

I'd answer yes to most of the other points too.

Females attempt suicide twice as often as males. As with suicide deaths, rates of attempted suicide vary considerably among demographic groups. Males are 4 times more likely than females to die by suicide. The ratio of suicide attempts to suicide death in youth is estimated to be about 25:1, compared to about 4:1 in the elderly.

The higher male suicide rate has nothing to do with discrimination, it's because they're more likely to use a firearm, which is a more effective method.

VGPolyglot said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I'm interested now. Answer the question, please.

Women make less than men, both on average and by the median:

http://www.businessinsider.com/gender-wage-pay-gap-charts-2017-3

Women are more often victims of sexual assault than men:

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/victims-sexual-violence

"Women make less than men, both on average and by the median:"

and women have children... and take more time off as a result

how are you going to make women earn the same amount as men when they work less than men? pay women more for less work?

"Women are more often victims of sexual assault than men:"

yes because men and women are wired differently when it comes to sex... which makes it asinine to compare their sexual behavior

this is what i mean when i made my point before - feminism is now not about rights but about equality of outcomes, which as i've said for obvious reasons is asinine

User was warned for ignoring in-thread warning - Aura7541

Lawlight said:
Who would have thought - a virtue-signalling male feminist turning out to be a sexual aggressor.

I am not exactly the guy who talks about politics, but this post absolutely hits the nail in the head. Well said.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.