By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has numerous million sellers this year, but none are on 3DS.

So wiiu has more million seller this year than 3ds? Unbohhhhlibableeee....

Oh well pokemon is almost here

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
That means the 3DS active userbase is transitioning to Switch very rapidly, so Nintendo's "recovery" from the WiiU isn't as strong as the consensus says. It's the same userbase moving. The big question now is whether the less active userbase (kids, families) accepts to pay for new hardware and twice more expensive games (although I noticed that several Switch titles had seen their prices slashed a bit for the past fortnight)

I wish there was a way vgc could alert me whenever you post.

Derp, just remembered the Woolly World port that released at the start of the year. Same story with that game though, despite being quality only 0.44m ltd sales according to VGC.

Also I do plan on getting Fire Emblem during black friday, thus I wont have completely ignored this year's 3DS line-up.

It really just sucks going back to the 3DS screen from the beautiful Switch. A lot of times games I would have got on the 3DS a year ago just don't appeal to me now that the Switch is out.

I make videos that are sometimes funny I think?

Check out my Youtube gaming channel here!

Jumpin said:

I would have bought the games on Switch. I don’t want to buy games that aren’t on a system I play regularly any longer. I was hoping Nintendo was going to have a single platform for all with the Switch. It is frustrating that developers keep putting games on old hardware that is incompatible with current hardware. I am pissed that Radiant Historia 2 isn’t on Switch.

I believe this is likely the path going forward. But for those 3DS games mentioned here probably started development even before Switch dev kits were ready.

Also, it's a good thing to phase out a console gradually, it's usefull to gain more trust for the newcomers on the upcoming system. The only title I really regret they put on 3DS is Metroid, I believe the frachise needed the best possible treatment after the long absence. Not saying it's bad anyway.

Around the Network
Rocketjay8 said:
maxleresistant said:
That's a good indication that most Switch owners are/use to be 3DS owner.

I still wonder what Nintendo is going to release alongside the Switch.

Why would Nintendo release another device alongside the switch? Didn't they say that It was a nightmare supporting two systems at the same time and splitting up their dev teams?

Because the switch will not be enough to keep up with the income generated by two systems.

I never sad they need to make two widely different devices like the 3DS and the WiiU.

An iphone and ipad are still two different devices. Get it?

Got to figure at this point that most SW sales are actually from big back catalog pullers like Mario Kart and Pokemon, rather than new releases.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

maxleresistant said:
Rocketjay8 said:

Why would Nintendo release another device alongside the switch? Didn't they say that It was a nightmare supporting two systems at the same time and splitting up their dev teams?

Because the switch will not be enough to keep up with the income generated by two systems.

I never sad they need to make two widely different devices like the 3DS and the WiiU.

I don't think they will. They opened up their new mobile line specifically to keep up with the income. That and the theme park.

guiduc said:
maxleresistant said:

I don't think they will. They opened up their new mobile line specifically to keep up with the income. That and the theme park.

The 3DS sold 15 millions units during its first 9 months (end of february to end of december)

It sold 17 millions during its first year.

And we're talking about a system that ended up not meeting Nintendo's expectations in the last years.

So I don't see how the Switch who is undertracking the 3DS, can replace it alone. Nintendo never said it will, it always was an idea that fans got.

Why is this thread still open? Op was wrong since Monster Hunter Double Cross and Dragon Quest XI sold more than a million each.

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan