By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has numerous million sellers this year, but none are on 3DS.

3DS is now basically my Pokemon machine. The only 3DS game I got this year so far is Yoshi and poochys wooly world, which was great. The only other 3DS game I'm getting this year is Pokemon US/UM, which will hopefully be the last game I get for the system, cause I really want to fully move on to the switch and leave behind the 3DS.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

No surprise really. It's heading towards the end for the 3DS, the Switch is booming, and none of the titles listed are likely not gonna hit a mil. The only one will be Pokemon, but that does well anyways. I didn't really have interest nor time for these titles, except FE: Echoes. Can't skip on FE games, minus Warriors.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

StarOcean said:
Dunno why Nintendo fans are so deadset on killing the 3DS. I thought graphics didnt matter to this crowd

It's not about graphics, it's about moving on. The Switch is the next step. (This is an answer to the thread as a whole as well.)

NintendoPie said:
StarOcean said:
Dunno why Nintendo fans are so deadset on killing the 3DS. I thought graphics didnt matter to this crowd

It's not about graphics, it's about moving on. The Switch is the next step. (This is an answer to the thread as a whole as well.)

Systems are supported even after the next one has arrived. You realize that, right? The 3DS is still profitable. Why kill something that's doing well just because you own their newest toy? Only systems where they kill it after the next system are Xbox systems and the Wii U. Nintendo has a great history of supporting their systems past the newer iteration. You kiddos would probably be bawling at Nintendo for releasing games like Pokemon Emerald over 2yrs after the original DS came out. Or that games like Super Mario RPG, Kirby Super Star, DKC3, and Harvest Moon all released the same year as the N64. If these beggers had it there way none of those games would exist because theyre on old hardware. 

Roar_Of_War said:

Mario and Luigi, Samus Returns and Mario Party might reach 1 million. My bet is at least one of them will. 

I think Samus Returns will but barely.  It's a remake, the userbase is ready to move on and over 1/3 of the 3DS's install base is occupied by a demographic that does not give a crap about Metroid (Japan).

Around the Network

Of Coarse, focus and big projects are for Switch, 3DS and 3DS support are slowly dying.

StarOcean said:
NintendoPie said:

Systems are supported even after the next one has arrived. You realize that, right? The 3DS is still profitable. Why kill something that's doing well just because you own their newest toy? Only systems where they kill it after the next system are Xbox systems and the Wii U. Nintendo has a great history of supporting their systems past the newer iteration. You kiddos would probably be bawling at Nintendo for releasing games like Pokemon Emerald over 2yrs after the original DS came out. Or that games like Super Mario RPG, Kirby Super Star, DKC3, and Harvest Moon all released the same year as the N64. If these beggers had it there way none of those games would exist because theyre on old hardware. 

3DS isn't as successful as any of those systems you're talking about, so it doesn't make as much sense to keep supporting it well into 2018/2019, especially with the Switch running so hot. It will probably keep getting smaller titles for a while because of the install base, but don't expect to get any more big 1st party titles.

It's had more than enough of a send off this year with Fire Emblem: Echoes, Samus Returns, Dragon Quest XI(JP), Monster HunterXX(JP), and eventually Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.

Move on.

Shaunodon said:
StarOcean said:

3DS isn't as successful as any of those systems you're talking about, so it doesn't make as much sense to keep supporting it well into 2018/2019, especially with the Switch running so hot. It will probably keep getting smaller titles for a while because of the install base, but don't expect to get any more big 1st party titles.

It's had more than enough of a send off this year with Fire Emblem: Echoes, Samus Returns, Dragon Quest XI(JP), Monster HunterXX(JP), and eventually Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.

Move on.

3DS isn't as successful as the SNES?

Lol wut

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Shaunodon said:

Move on.

Lol wut

SNES is about the only one it's close to, but how many big titles did that get after the N64's launch year?

Shaunodon said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Lol wut

SNES is about the only one it's close to, but how many big titles did that get after the N64's launch year?

Did you even read the comment? They just said what games released that year. Donkey Kong Country 3, Super Mario RPG, Harvest Moon and Kirby Super Star.

The 3DS sold way, way more than the SNES, so it's not "the only one it's close to". It BEAT It.

By the way you said : "3DS isn't as successful as any of those systems you're talking about"

Well they said Wii U, "Xbox systems", SNES, and mentioned the N64's first year.

3DS is more successful than SNES, Wii U, and N64 so you're way off.