By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has numerous million sellers this year, but none are on 3DS.

Shaunodon said:
StarOcean said:

Systems are supported even after the next one has arrived. You realize that, right? The 3DS is still profitable. Why kill something that's doing well just because you own their newest toy? Only systems where they kill it after the next system are Xbox systems and the Wii U. Nintendo has a great history of supporting their systems past the newer iteration. You kiddos would probably be bawling at Nintendo for releasing games like Pokemon Emerald over 2yrs after the original DS came out. Or that games like Super Mario RPG, Kirby Super Star, DKC3, and Harvest Moon all released the same year as the N64. If these beggers had it there way none of those games would exist because theyre on old hardware. 

3DS isn't as successful as any of those systems you're talking about, so it doesn't make as much sense to keep supporting it well into 2018/2019, especially with the Switch running so hot. It will probably keep getting smaller titles for a while because of the install base, but don't expect to get any more big 1st party titles.

It's had more than enough of a send off this year with Fire Emblem: Echoes, Samus Returns, Dragon Quest XI(JP), Monster HunterXX(JP), and eventually Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.

Move on.

30mil is a higher number than 60 million now? XD

Jesus Christ the delusion is real

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
Shaunodon said:

3DS isn't as successful as any of those systems you're talking about, so it doesn't make as much sense to keep supporting it well into 2018/2019, especially with the Switch running so hot. It will probably keep getting smaller titles for a while because of the install base, but don't expect to get any more big 1st party titles.

It's had more than enough of a send off this year with Fire Emblem: Echoes, Samus Returns, Dragon Quest XI(JP), Monster HunterXX(JP), and eventually Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.

Move on.

I already explained I was talking about the GBA and SNES, the systems you mentioned games for which were supported after a successor arrived.

For that matter, the support you mentioned for the SNES during N64's launch year is hardly different from what we've seen for 3DS this year (Switch's launch year).

If you really expect another big 1st party game for 3DS, good luck to you.

Shaunodon said:
StarOcean said:

I already explained I was talking about the GBA and SNES, the systems you mentioned games for which were supported after a successor arrived.

For that matter, the support you mentioned for the SNES during N64's launch year is hardly different from what we've seen for 3DS this year (Switch's launch year).

You think 49 mil is higher than 60mil?

Exactly, so I dont get why you people keep begging since its out the door.

I never said I expected a big 1st party game XD where are you pulling this from?

StarOcean said:
Shaunodon said:

You think 49 mil is higher than 60mil?

Exactly, so I dont get why you people keep begging since its out the door.

I never said I expected a big 1st party game XD where are you pulling this from?

Hardware isn't the only thing that generates profit.

StarOcean said:
NintendoPie said:

It's not about graphics, it's about moving on. The Switch is the next step. (This is an answer to the thread as a whole as well.)

Systems are supported even after the next one has arrived. You realize that, right? The 3DS is still profitable. Why kill something that's doing well just because you own their newest toy? Only systems where they kill it after the next system are Xbox systems and the Wii U. Nintendo has a great history of supporting their systems past the newer iteration. You kiddos would probably be bawling at Nintendo for releasing games like Pokemon Emerald over 2yrs after the original DS came out. Or that games like Super Mario RPG, Kirby Super Star, DKC3, and Harvest Moon all released the same year as the N64. If these beggers had it there way none of those games would exist because theyre on old hardware. 

I'd also add that the original DS models had backwards compatibility, which is how I coincidentally played Pokemon Emerald (a game which came out same year as DS, not 2 years after) having never owned a GBA.

And you were the one making a grandiose statement about how well Nintendo supports their systems after a new replacement arrrives.

Unless your idea of great support is just a bunch of small third party titles, and maybe a Yokai Watch if they're lucky.

Shaunodon said:

StarOcean said:

I'd also add that the original DS models had backwards compatibility, which is how I coincidentally played Pokemon Emerald (a game which came out same year as DS, not 2 years after) having never owned a GBA.

And you were the one making a grandiose statement about how well Nintendo supports their systems after a new replacement arrrives.

Unless your idea of great support is just a bunch of small third party titles, and maybe a Yokai Watch if they're lucky.

DS: Nov. 2004

Emerald: 2005. My bad. 

And they do support their systems after the next has come out. It's happening now and will continue into 2018. Do they need to be major 1st party? No. It's not grandious to say they support their systems. Besides the Wii U, it's been consistent that the systems get support after their successor. 

Also you're one to talk and try correcting when you pull shit outta your ass like the N64 and SNES being more 'successful' than the 3DS. And no, you were talking about sales, not this broad and meaningless "success". You're trying to pedal back on that because you screwed up twice. 

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
Shaunodon said:

And they do support their systems after the next has come out. It's happening now and will continue into 2018. Do they need to be major 1st party? No. It's not grandious to say they support their systems. Besides the Wii U, it's been consistent that the systems get support after their successor. 

Also you're one to talk and try correcting when you pull shit outta your ass like the N64 and SNES being more 'successful' than the 3DS. And no, you were talking about sales, not this broad and meaningless "success". You're trying to pedal back on that because you screwed up twice. 

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/4023/pokemon-emerald-version/

Pocket Monsters Emerald Nintendo Japan 16th September 2004 Retail

Do you fact check anything you say?

Again, I'll reiterate, I was never pointing at N64 in the slightest, only the ones you mentioned games/support for.

And yes, I was talking about sales, as in sales of hardware and software; software which SNES still has a considerable lead in. Maybe with lifetime, digital, and the last Pokemon 3DS could get close, but there's no way to accurately compare anyway.

Nintendo simply allowing other studios to port their games to 3DS isn't exactly them supporting it, or not killing it off. Fact is, outside of the ones already announced, they're unlikely to allow any more significant titles on the system they think could draw people. It's all about Switch now.

You made a completely exaggerated and unnecessary statement, about a system which is pretty much not even worth talking about anymore. Let's just agree 3DS has had it's run and leave it be.

Shaunodon said:
StarOcean said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/4023/pokemon-emerald-version/

Pocket Monsters Emerald Nintendo Japan 16th September 2004 Retail

Do you fact check anything you say?

Again, I'll reiterate, I was never pointing at N64 in the slightest, only the ones you mentioned games/support for.

And yes, I was talking about sales, as in sales of hardware and software; software which SNES still has a considerable lead in. Maybe with lifetime, digital, and the last Pokemon 3DS could get close, but there's no way to accurately compare anyway.

Nintendo simply allowing other studios to port their games to 3DS isn't exactly them supporting it, or not killing it off. Fact is, outside of the ones already announced, they're unlikely to allow any more significant titles on the system they think could draw people. It's all about Switch now.

You made a completely exaggerated and unnecessary statement, about a system which is pretty much not even worth talking about anymore. Let's just agree 3DS has had it's run and leave it be.

Do you live in Japan? If not. Using the Japanese date is stupid. 

Nope. Purely sales. And you were wrong both times. 

Eh, I wouldn't say that. Dunno why you're so hard on defending the poor Switch. 

Didn't exaggerate anything you just can't read. And then you got mad because I don't worship the Switch. 

oy vey

StarOcean said:

You took an oddly defensive approach to this. Nintendo is moving on, this thread is proof of that. I never said they don't/shouldn't release games for older consoles once a newer one comes out in that post, but Nintendo are smart enough to know not to invest in an older console. Supporting and investing are two very different things.

Although much smaller than DS/DSi one, 3DS user base is quite large, during Xmas season it should get some million sellers too, and this could be not the last year it gets them, with the right games released it will probably get some million sellers next year too.
Also, games released in previous years that are just below 1M could reach that milestone this year or the next if made available again in stores, possibly in budget editions.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!