By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump's tax proposal: raise taxes on the poor, give to the rich

If he gets rid of the estate tax that is the ultimate tax cut on the rich. We should fight against that as hard as possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
If he gets rid of the estate tax that is the ultimate tax cut on the rich. We should fight against that as hard as possible.

Well I definately am for loweirng the estate tax, but do you have evidence he would remove it entirely. That being said, I might be in support of removing it entirely. I believe many rich get away with not paying it anyway with good tax planning and loopholes, but it hurts the small businesses that cannot afford such tax planning. 

kowenicki said:

Alreaqdy debunked.  But anyway...

People picking out trump for special criticism still haven't figured all politicians are the same? How Cute.

Obama recently charged $400,000 for a one hour speech at an investment company.

Obama charged $600,000 recently for an interview with a presidential historian on subjects such as income inequality (the irony!)

Obama vetoed a cap on presidents pensions of $200,000 during his presidency, he wanted more.

Obama just signed a $65m book deal, selling his story about his time in office.  Cashing in on public office... but that just for other grubby politicians surely?

Yes, Obama will earn a few hundred million in his post presidency period and conveniently forget all that bull he spouted about inequality.

But that's all ok, because he was cool..... apparently. Plus he was a really, really good president that achieved lots, like mass disenchantment and huge social divisions leading to the election of Trump.

'Buh Obama!'

Ok, now what about Trump? Why is it that any criticism avout Trump will always be directed to Obama or Hillary? Stop beating the bush and answer the actual problem.

So tiring reading people attack Trump mindless without doing any research them self, did any of you read anything but article headlines and biased opinion pieces?

Attack Trump on what he deserves to be attacked, you just weaken your argument when you go after him on stuff like this.

Don't use Washington post as a valuable source.

Around the Network

The washington post? really? just another attack trump thread. good thing no one gets real info from a video game site.

monocle_layton said:

kowenicki said:

Alreaqdy debunked.  But anyway...

People picking out trump for special criticism still haven't figured all politicians are the same? How Cute.

Obama recently charged $400,000 for a one hour speech at an investment company.

Obama charged $600,000 recently for an interview with a presidential historian on subjects such as income inequality (the irony!)

Obama vetoed a cap on presidents pensions of $200,000 during his presidency, he wanted more.

Obama just signed a $65m book deal, selling his story about his time in office.  Cashing in on public office... but that just for other grubby politicians surely?

Yes, Obama will earn a few hundred million in his post presidency period and conveniently forget all that bull he spouted about inequality.

But that's all ok, because he was cool..... apparently. Plus he was a really, really good president that achieved lots, like mass disenchantment and huge social divisions leading to the election of Trump.

'Buh Obama!'

Ok, now what about Trump? Why is it that any criticism avout Trump will always be directed to Obama or Hillary? Stop beating the bush and answer the actual problem.

That's their only defense. Whataboutism. Since they can't defend their Nazi leader, they attack anyone else. They're basically saying, "Since Person A broke the rules, it's okay for ME to break the rules." Which isn't how the world works but it the crux of their political ideology. It's weak and pathetic, like Trump. 

They seem to not understand that you can condem more than one group at a time. For example one of the most infuriating things is when I hear people go, "This is what science is focused on? Why do we fund them?" When they see an article about a minor and sometimes stupid study. While ignoring that "science" is not an organization and has millions of people studying different things in each respective branch of said subject. 

Whataboutism is another way of saying "I can't find a way to justify his actions."

Actually what he is saying is very true. My tax bracket will see a tax decrease as will most other people. Also having the standard deduction doubled will give more back to the majority as well. Reducing the corporate tax will bring money back into the states and generate revenue for the federal government, it will also provide incentive for companies to remain based in the US which depending on the H1B status will generate more US jobs. The reason so many companies have headquarters outside the US is in large part due to the corporate tax being much lower everywhere else. Same reason jobs are being outsourced or sourced by under the table illegals. The requirement to provide expensive healthcare to US based employees drives up the cost for companies which then turn to over seas labor to reduce that cost.

Slarvax said:
I remember when I saw the first debate between Hillary and Trump, it all made sense then and there. Trump talked about how Obama ruined the country, how there's a huge debt. His solution? Lower taxes. Brilliant.

Lowering taxes is only a part of it. Yes if only lowering taxes you will see more debt because you have less income. If however you start taxing imports at a higher rate you increase revenue and create the possability for more jobs in the US which will bring in more tax revenue. The reason you are creating more job opportunities by increasing import taxes is because companies will be forced to either bring jobs back to the US to avoid the import tax or pay the higher tax, either way your revenue increases.  As I said in my last post as well, reducing the corporate tax to a level that allows companies to keep more money if based in the US will bring companies that have moved headquarters back to the states. The tax plan is designed to make it more lucrative to do business in the US vs its current setup which makes it far more profitable to operate outside the US.

revinit said:

You shouldn't  believe everything you read on liberal trash websites. Just sayin'.

Yeah, not only the stance of the OP's statement but I opened up the first link and right when I saw "Washington Post" I didn't even bother reading anymore.