By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo Sports Reviews - 76 Metacritic (44 Reviews) - 77 OpenCritic (44 Reviews)

DonFerrari said:
Turkish said:
The driving is really great in this game and is the best it has ever been. BUT, I dont give a shit about online races, it should only be part of the whole, and GTS lacks half a game, which is really pathetic with a dev time of 4 years.

Was really disturbed there was no offline races in the demo, was like WTF?

For lacking a proper career mode and offline functions, this game should get mediocre scores, it can't be a $60 title.

For what I know you had the licences, challenges, time trials and arcade on off-line.

Which is barebones. I just want to race, quickly test things out especially in a demo, not trying to take licenses.

GT Sport is basically GT7 Prologue, they couldn't name it 7 because of all the shit they'd get for lack of content.

Pathetic after 4 years. PD has really dropped the ball on this one.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
ChaosReich said:

Wow, im now even more conflicted then before

Please detail.

The reviews assure me that this is the driving experience that i want but dissuades me with it being so lacking in content that i deem enjoyable. I loved the license test, the fun addicting car collecting, and the enjoyable grind of playing just one more race in its many different offline career mode events of the previous games

DonFerrari said:
For me GT games are all 10/10, but I can't objectively see any of them getting less than 9/10 for what they offer and no game on the category really upping them enough to validate those silly 6-8 grades.

Satire? Satire.

As for GTS, 77 is lower than I expected, but after reading that you can't even buy parts and upgrade your cars any more (you now do generic level up style upgrades apparently), fuck this game lol. A shame what the franchise has become.

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:
For me GT games are all 10/10, but I can't objectively see any of them getting less than 9/10 for what they offer and no game on the category really upping them enough to validate those silly 6-8 grades.

Satire? Satire.

As for GTS, 77 is lower than I expected, but after reading that you can't even buy parts and upgrade your cars any more (you now do generic level up style upgrades apparently), fuck this game lol. A shame what the franchise has become.

Fucking what now, you cant upgrade and shit like the old days.......yep, im out

I will be keeping an eye on the updates GT Sports get but it's definitely not the game I will purchase in the beginning. I have pretty much purchase all the GT games but I really have no interest in what it offers in the SP part of this game. If this doesn't change then it might become a miss for me. I waited about a year before I felt that Drive Club was to a level that I would enjoy and I did enjoy the game with all the content and updates it received. Usually with my backlog I am never in a hurry to purchase any game unless it tick all my boxes on release.

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
SvennoJ said:
Hmm, the store doesn't open until 10am, I hope they have it in stock already.
Any in depth reviews out of the VR portion?                                     

Most of the tracks are locked out. You have to get to driver level 20 to unlock all of the currently available tracks. You don't carry over your progress from the Demo, so you will have to re-do any challanges you completed. I was able to jump to level 8 pretty quick through the achievements, but now I am on the grind to reach level 20. Reached level 11 tonight, and took my Viper for a spin on Brands Hatch, Dragon Trail, Suzuka, Willow Springs, and Maggiore.

So far I am a bit disappointed with the overall mode. It really feels like just a tack on. No ability to sit in the car and take it in like we have in DCVR, no options for adjustment of position as far as I can tell. You have to do a 1v1, no option to just do Time Trials or Drift Trials, which in all honesty, I would find more entertaining than 1v1. You earn miles, but no expereince or cash. Basically, it feels like an after thought.

That said, the driving is an absolute joy. I absolutely can't wait to jump back in, and try the rest of the tracks, and hop into a bunch of the cars for my stable. The combonation of GT's handling model and VR head tracking is a match made in heaven for me. So as far as gameplay enjoyment of what is available, for me it is a 10 out of 10.

On the other hand, the graphics leave quite a bit to be desired. It doesn't look markedly better than DCVR, if any better at all. Everything in the distance is a mess, the dash is still blurry, and you 1v1 opponent looks pretty rough unless they are right beside you. I do think it feels smoother than DCVR, so I am assuming it is at a higher frame rate, since VR doesn't turn my stomach I will have to get some subjects over to see if their weak bellys can handle this.

All in all, I see myself really enjoying what is on offer, but it is far from mass market ready. I think the PS4 is just too weak, and PSVR's resolution is much to low. Gonna be quite a while before we reach the fidelity of the 4K mode in VR, with full online support, and a full field of cars. VR is definitly the future, but maybe a little further off than I thought.

Hmm I'll reign in my expectations. As DonFerrari said, quite odd PD can only do 1 car, coming from a 60fps game and made with VR and ps4 pro in mind. DC VR was a port from a 30fps game never meant for VR and can do 8 cars on track. I'll see soon enough how it stacks up, I've been playing DC VR extensively since the GT Sport demo, finally completed all accolades, 100% after over 18k km driven in VR.

I picked up the special edition this morning, itching to play, couple more hours! Can you at least set the laps to some high number so you can sorta time trial ignoring the opponent? Or does it not record you lap times cause possible drafting :/

It will ofcourse look extra rough after playing it in 4K. As long as foveated rendering isn't here, consoles will always be too 'weak' to do VR justice compared to what they can do on a single fov restricted screen. That narrative is starting to irk me and is now popping up in reviews, ps4 is too weak for VR. With proper supersampling and optimized graphics the resolution is fine. I had no problem playing GT4 on ps2 on a big tv.

It's a shame Sony isn't putting more resources behind making GT Sport the posterchild for PSVR and closed Evolution studios without adding proper ps4 pro support first. DC VR had about 250k sales jusding by the leaderboard, I guess too little to warrent a pro patch. Hopefully PD will add to the VR mode, I'll be adding to the VR gameplay stats anyway.

Turkish said:
DonFerrari said:

For what I know you had the licences, challenges, time trials and arcade on off-line.

Which is barebones. I just want to race, quickly test things out especially in a demo, not trying to take licenses.

GT Sport is basically GT7 Prologue, they couldn't name it 7 because of all the shit they'd get for lack of content.

Pathetic after 4 years. PD has really dropped the ball on this one.

Saying it barebones and that it doesn't exist are different things.

Giving it the name of a championship instead of you entering a circuit and setting a race isn't all that different.

Have you followed their announcements that this was supposed to be GTS since inception? That they could have called GT7 but saw it on a different approach?

ChaosReich said:
DonFerrari said:

Please detail.

The reviews assure me that this is the driving experience that i want but dissuades me with it being so lacking in content that i deem enjoyable. I loved the license test, the fun addicting car collecting, and the enjoyable grind of playing just one more race in its many different offline career mode events of the previous games

I understand. I will hold my buying for some months because of other reasons, but maybe the game will have a lot more content when I can buy it.

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

Satire? Satire.

What is the satire?

Do you upgrade Group cars with different parts during? For what I remember they are a little less static.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Op Updated

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
RolStoppable said:
Worse than Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Forza Motorsport 7. But that was expected, all things considered:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=232135

Your clickbait worked. Well done.

SvennoJ said:

Hmm I'll reign in my expectations. As DonFerrari said, quite odd PD can only do 1 car, coming from a 60fps game and made with VR and ps4 pro in mind. DC VR was a port from a 30fps game never meant for VR and can do 8 cars on track. I'll see soon enough how it stacks up, I've been playing DC VR extensively since the GT Sport demo, finally completed all accolades, 100% after over 18k km driven in VR.

I picked up the special edition this morning, itching to play, couple more hours! Can you at least set the laps to some high number so you can sorta time trial ignoring the opponent? Or does it not record you lap times cause possible drafting :/

It will ofcourse look extra rough after playing it in 4K. As long as foveated rendering isn't here, consoles will always be too 'weak' to do VR justice compared to what they can do on a single fov restricted screen. That narrative is starting to irk me and is now popping up in reviews, ps4 is too weak for VR. With proper supersampling and optimized graphics the resolution is fine. I had no problem playing GT4 on ps2 on a big tv.

It's a shame Sony isn't putting more resources behind making GT Sport the posterchild for PSVR and closed Evolution studios without adding proper ps4 pro support first. DC VR had about 250k sales jusding by the leaderboard, I guess too little to warrent a pro patch. Hopefully PD will add to the VR mode, I'll be adding to the VR gameplay stats anyway.

Yeah, I was expecting much more from PD, especially with the stuff you brought up about DC. A game going from 30 to 60 fps, with a team that was let go, and no propper Pro support, vs a game that is already 60 fps even at 1800p CB on Pro, from one of Sonys best devs, with well over a year with PS4 Pro. With it being 1v1 I was expecting it to look much better than DCVR.

As for laps, I didn't see any options. Pretty much stuck to two laps on every course. If you find anything different let me know. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL