By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Life goals you've recently accomplished

monocle_layton said:
Proxy-Pie said:
Still working on many of them (lots of progress!), but I haven't even begun my goal of starting to eat healthier. My body can handle all these processed foods right now, and all this daily fast food, but as I grow older it'll become a big problem. My dad and uncles were all very thin thanks to their super fast metabolism, but as soon as they hit 40, all that unhealthy eating started taking its toll.

I recommend going either cold turkey or slowing cutting down depending on what you're capable of. Targeting your biggest weaknesses will probably help you most as well. For instance, you may be able to go a year without ice cream, but what about chips, burgers, pizza, etc?

All I can say is good luck. There are a lot of people here who try to be as healthy as they can, so I think vgchartz would be useful for advice.

spurgeonryan said:
I now fap almost once a day, on pace with how I was in high school. I still got it!

I thought you're married? Why fap if you can get some action?

Cobretti2 said:
Nothing recently lol.

I don't set goals i just do what i want on the day.

Whatever works for you honestly. As long as you're still loving, it shouldn't be a problem.

The Fury said:

I paid off my student loan like a month ago. It wasn't a big loan but I paid it off anyway. I'd say that means I'm debt free but I own a house so it's a lie. But because I needed to srt that out and got a new 'term' I lowered my payments of that by £50 so i should have nearly and extra £100 coming in every month, so to speak.

But I'm a tight bastard so probably won't spend it on anything.

Extra 100 a month is definitely a great benefit. You can always save it in case you ever need money suddenly for anything.

Trunkin said:
Reached the point where I can understand written spanish more than 50% of the time. Got a job that pays well enough for me to move out on my own.

So if you went to a Spanish-speaking country, do you think you'd be able to casually live there? Or are you still not on that level?
As for the job, congrats! Would you mind if I asked what kind of job you are working?

darkrulier said:
I have a successful job, married, bought a house and a car last year and feeling kinda hopeless because for sure I do not have major goals in life anymore. My only goal right now is to finish Horizon Zero Dawn. That game has taken me forever to finish.

Try a hobby. I had issues with being bored (and I'm not even past 20 years old), so I started an instrument and began weight lifting. Maybe there's something that can spark your interest.

Puppyroach said:
I managed to combine my six current loans into one loan on my home, which make me save $1000 every month. It will enable a brand new kitchen before summer, which feels fantastic :).

Wow, $12000 a year saved is ridiculous. That's great to hear. What kind of design are you going for?

Nymeria said:
I struggled through a 10K without stopping which is pretty good for my cardio.

That's great. How often do you do a 10k?

ChaosReich said:
To take part in a thread about life goals, well that and finally buying my first sportbike, it was a Yamaha R6.

Ooh, nice. What color?

Sexy white

Around the Network
Nymeria said:
monocle_layton said:

That's great. How often do you do a 10k?

A traditional 10K, this was my third attempt, and my first where I didn't have to rest beyond stopping to get a drink of water.  I generally don't do pure cardio as prefer weightlifting. I've done endurance runs of 7-15K range over a day with various obstacles (Spartan, Mudder, etc.)

I started weightlifting recently. I've never found myself able to enter cardio 100%, and I don't think I'll ever do extreme weightlifting. I'm not sure what your lifting schedule is like, but personally I've always found a balance for cardio/weightlifting to be the best for me.

aLkaLiNE said:
In the past month and a half I changed career paths and am working in the construction trade as an apprentice electrician. This is the goal I've had for the past few years. After 5 years of paid for schooling & tools, I'll be making about 80k base a year with no college loan to pay back, and 4 separate retirement funds along with full medical and dental benefits. Part of what I had to do for this career was quit smoking weed! It's been about two months for that, which is another win in my book. Pretty happy with how things are going lately, even if it's drawn me away from here (:

If you don't mind me asking, what do you think you'll focus on next? Relationships, hobbies, health-related activities, etc.

Also, congratulations. That's pretty damn impressive to make 80k so early in life. Hope life goes well for you from here on out.

ChaosReich said:

Ooh, nice. What color?

Sexy white

Damn, that's cool. Hope you get a lot of fun out of it.

I've managed to avoid drowning.

I farted in an elevator full of people

Lube Me Up

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
I now fap almost once a day, on pace with how I was in high school. I still got it!

Dude, gentlemen at the old folks' home fap more than that. And that's on top of banging all them GILFs. You should see a doctor.

monocle_layton said:
Nymeria said:

A traditional 10K, this was my third attempt, and my first where I didn't have to rest beyond stopping to get a drink of water.  I generally don't do pure cardio as prefer weightlifting. I've done endurance runs of 7-15K range over a day with various obstacles (Spartan, Mudder, etc.)

I started weightlifting recently. I've never found myself able to enter cardio 100%, and I don't think I'll ever do extreme weightlifting. I'm not sure what your lifting schedule is like, but personally I've always found a balance for cardio/weightlifting to be the best for me.

6 days a week.  Mix it up with heavy days, light days, endurance days and cardio days.  Muscle confusion to constantly push myself and work on different sets of the body.  In the past I sometime would pas son cardio days because I hated feeling so slow, but realised in training do the bad days is where the work pays off the most.  I understand people who want to do just what aspects of fitness they love, but I need to rest and recovery parts of my body while still pushing it.

Well, I started my 3rd year as a special education teacher, and I was always told the national burnout rate for sped teachers is about 2 years before people can't take all the data/iep/administration stress anymore, so I guess that's a goal?

That being said, I have (along with pretty much every sped teacher I've worked with) considered quitting. It's amazing how stressful the government and administrators have made teaching (in general, but especially special education).

Becoming a game developer, releasing a game on consoles and now becoming a publisher :p

Does that count?

Creator and developer of the adventure game "Demetrios - The BIG cynical adventure" on PC and consoles. Publisher of "Xenon Valkyrie+"

https://www.cowcatgames.com

Life goals you've recently accomplished.....

Let me think about that.....next Friday, my company has our annual inventory.....and the 2 weeks after are Hell weeks for me.

Thank you life goals...Inventory week is my personal HELL !!!