By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Life goals you've recently accomplished

Bought my 4th house in Aug and am closing in on my 5th hopefully by Xmas.

Around the Network

At the start of this year I quit college because I was confused about what I wanted to do with my life (Career-wise), and recently I've been really thinking about it and I've finally realized what it is... and that's becoming a game developer! So right now I'm studying in order to enter another college early next year. Words cannot explain how much of a relief this is, to know what I want from life (I've been going back and forth on this for quite a while, so it's great to finally have something definitive).

I'm also starting to get serious about learning japanese, since I love the language and I want to learn it properly (I really want to visit Japan someday).

not really recent but this year overall I've been much happier a person and have been doing much better at school :)

Recently nailed down landing a Haakon 720 flip cleanly without stabilizing with hands or landing tail/nose heavy on the board

• I worked the support lines for R* last year and the support lines for big N this year. I lost both jobs which really sucks. I miss them.
  • I got hired as an xbox game tester but i didn't get the schedule last week like I was supposed to.
  • I'm scheduled for surgery on my hand next month but it's going to be a 4 month recovery and it's up in there air if I'll be supported financially through that.
  • I fell in love for the first time ever and had a wonderful year with her until I fucked up.
  • I have a family that loves me and assists my growth, even if they drive me crazy and I feel unhappy around them.
  • I finally learned how to drive a motorcycle and been having so much fun doing so.
  • I got a saint bernard named yogi bear, he's the best dog ever. 
  • These have been hardcore highs and lows for me and I learned so much from them. Even if I lost these things and am unsure of the current things I have, they were life accomplishments.

Around the Network
    monocle_layton said:
    mZuzek said:

Successfully having an awesome Metroid marathon for 3 days with some friends and, together, playing through every single game in the series (well except for Pinball and Federation Force, which we couldn't finish) and recording all of it in a stream none of you watched! Yeah, that was seriously awesome, and I'm pretty happy about it.

As for you (monocle), this thread. It's a pretty good achievement allowing yourself to just relax and have a good time - I did feel you were getting a little bit too aggressive lately.

I'll always give a peek at your stream if it's good. Just send the link.

Also, I have an issue with restraining my choice of words online. It's not an issue in real life, but on the internet I typically am too harsh at times. Instead of just being more toxic, I'll just take a step back

JWeinCom said:
    I got a full time job teaching, and finally have my own place. And I recliner. I can recline now.

That's great to hear. What kind of recliner did you buy?

Farsala said:
    Well every year I choose a personal challenge. This year is working out at the gym 3 times a week. Been doing it without fail since May. Winter will be interesting, since I will sweat a lot and then walk into 0 degree weather and probably freeze. Its the first time I went to the gym more then once a year, but there were times I was more active in high school with sports.

Just keep going. Even one week failing isn't the end of it. What matters most is consistency and overall gain(s).

Snesboy said:
    Started my new route at work this week and will take home over 700USD a week.

Celebrated my first anniversary with my wife this weekend.

Bought a house with her 4 months ago.

Wow, that's awesome. I hope your marriage stays smooth for life

Umm the kind that reclines.  Not trying to be sarcastic, I just don't know the brand or anything.  It's nothing crazy luxurious, but it is pretty comfy.

Still working on many of them (lots of progress!), but I haven't even begun my goal of starting to eat healthier. My body can handle all these processed foods right now, and all this daily fast food, but as I grow older it'll become a big problem. My dad and uncles were all very thin thanks to their super fast metabolism, but as soon as they hit 40, all that unhealthy eating started taking its toll.

Uhm. I guess I got 4th at my (first) 16 man bracket of Sm4sh 2 weeks ago. Looking for that 1st this week.
    I've been doing decently at school, except for Geography (ironically, since it's the easiest course).

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Nothing recently lol.

I don't set goals i just do what i want on the day.

I survived until today to play ELEX. That's almost 30 straight years of not dying.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.