By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Life goals you've recently accomplished

monocle_layton said:

Trunkin said:
Reached the point where I can understand written spanish more than 50% of the time. Got a job that pays well enough for me to move out on my own.

So if you went to a Spanish-speaking country, do you think you'd be able to casually live there? Or are you still not on that level?
As for the job, congrats! Would you mind if I asked what kind of job you are working?

I definitely wouldn't be able to casually live there, but I would be able to communicate well enough to survive. Still a long ways to go, but I'd say I've done decent considering I've been learning all on my own.

The job is just at a Lowes distribution center, but the pay is okay and they offer tons of overtime. As a plus, most of the employees there speak Spanish, which provides some much needed motivation (and oportunity) to improve my speaking skills.

Also just got my internet shut down for two days for allegedly torrenting the latast season of Fargo(I'm innocent, I swear!) , so there goes another check mark off the old bucket list.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
bretonf said:
Becoming a game developer, releasing a game on consoles and now becoming a publisher :p

Does that count?

Only if you tell us which games Mr.  Cat/cow?

You don't need to look very far! It's in my signature :)

Still can't believe all this is happening lol

Creator and developer of the adventure game "Demetrios - The BIG cynical adventure" on PC and consoles. Publisher of "Xenon Valkyrie+"

https://www.cowcatgames.com

Trunkin said:
monocle_layton said:

So if you went to a Spanish-speaking country, do you think you'd be able to casually live there? Or are you still not on that level?
As for the job, congrats! Would you mind if I asked what kind of job you are working?

I definitely wouldn't be able to casually live there, but I would be able to communicate well enough to survive. Still a long ways to go, but I'd say I've done decent considering I've been learning all on my own.

The job is just at a Lowes distribution center, but the pay is okay and they offer tons of overtime. As a plus, most of the employees there speak Spanish, which provides some much needed motivation (and oportunity) to improve my speaking skills.

Also just got my internet shut down for two days for allegedly torrenting the latast season of Fargo(I'm innocent, I swear!) , so there goes another check mark off the old bucket list.

That sounds great. I hope you enjoy your job.

Put away my patio furniture for the coming winter. Also did three loads of laundry.

I've released an adventure game (Demetrios) I've made pretty much entirely myself on PC, PS Vita, PS4 and Xbox One. And now a dev has contacted me to port his game to consoles, starting with PS Vita :) It's been announced here on VgChartz. (Xenon Valkyrie+)

It's been my dream since childhood when I was 10 and programming on an old Amstrad CPC 6128 (equivalent to the C64 here in France) :p

Creator and developer of the adventure game "Demetrios - The BIG cynical adventure" on PC and consoles. Publisher of "Xenon Valkyrie+"

https://www.cowcatgames.com

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
bretonf said:

You don't need to look very far! It's in my signature :)

Still can't believe all this is happening lol

All what is happening?

I have signatures turned off :- (

New accomplishment,  finally visited Michigan. Interesting state. 

Where'd you go? I was born in and originally lived in the Detroit area.