By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA and Europe Weekly, 2nd September 2017, Software

Perhaps Mario + Rabbids gained momentum after the news spread about it being really good ? Still I expect the Europe sales to be higher than 50k

There's also the possibility of it selling really well Digitally since it charted among the best sellers of the e-shop for months, still it'd be strange to see a large portion of the sales coming from digital...

Around the Network

I hope NPD won't let us down for Mario + Rabbids and that we will have some numbers...

On a more positive note:
- Mario x Rabbids will do better in Europe than in the US.
- Until its release, people were still a bit sceptical about this game. However, since everybody was so positive about it, it may sell quite well in the following few weeks.

Mario + Rabbids is either undertracked or have long legs.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Flilix said:
On a more positive note:
- Until its release, people were still a bit sceptical about this game. However, since everybody was so positive about it, it may sell quite well in the following few weeks.

Will it though in general the Switch is more popular in USA than in Europe.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Qwark said:
Flilix said:
On a more positive note:

Rabbits are very popular in France as opposed to all other territories, here in Italy it also sold really well since the coverage for M+R was crazy in the weeks before launch due to the development team being mostly from Italy

Yeah those Mario + Rabbids numbers are a bit suspicious since it has already been reported that Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is the best selling 3rd party game of them all currently. It was also at the top of the Amazon charts for a while.

So if we compare that to games like we know have sold well such as how Super Bomberman R is 500k+ (don't remember if that was shipped or sold though but still) then shouldn't Mario + Rabbids at least be over 500k, probably more since that article came out almost a month ago?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-21-mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-is-switchs-best-selling-non-nintendo-game

Mario + Rabbids is still in the top 10 in Switzerland 6 weeks after its release so yeah it's definitely doing great in Europe. As for the USA, perahps the good word of mouth helped it having legs. I'm curious to see what the 2nd week of sales will be.

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan

Something about those Mario + Rabbids Numbers seem off to me... going to wait for official numbers at the end of October just to be sure.

Qwark said:
Flilix said:
On a more positive note:

The big games on the Switch sold a lot more in the US, but 1-2-Switch, Lego City Undercover and Just Dance 2017 did better in Europe. Since Mario + Rabbids is a European game, it's likely that it will do better here than in America.