By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA and Europe Weekly, 2nd September 2017, Software

jason1637 said:
abronn627 said:

What ressources ?

Nintendo contributed to help Ubisoft make the game. So the time and money Nintendo spent should have gone to a New Super Mario Game imo.

So those “ressources” have prevented Nintendo from developing a new 2D Mario ? I’m kinda surprised, I never expected a 3rd party published game to limit their capacity to produce any more games. They’re so doomed...

Around the Network

Um Vgchartz? I think you forgot to add a 1 or 2 infront of the Mario + Rabbids sales numbers.

Volterra_90 said:
jason1637 said:

Nintendo contributed to help Ubisoft make the game. So the time and money Nintendo spent should have gone to a New Super Mario Game imo.

Nintendo has enough manpower to make a NSMB game if they want. I doubt that they contributed with a lot of resources to this game. Well, I'm almost sure of that. This game hasn't affected Nintendo planning at all, I guess they just leave Ubisoft make the whole game with some control over it, and that's it. 

Well I hope this is true. I really want another 2D Mario game.

FloatingWaffles said:

Yeah those Mario + Rabbids numbers are a bit suspicious since it has already been reported that Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is the best selling 3rd party game of them all currently. It was also at the top of the Amazon charts for a while.

So if we compare that to games like we know have sold well such as how Super Bomberman R is 500k+ (don't remember if that was shipped or sold though but still) then shouldn't Mario + Rabbids at least be over 500k, probably more since that article came out almost a month ago?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-21-mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-is-switchs-best-selling-non-nintendo-game

Isn't that after 4 weeks?

jason1637 said:
Volterra_90 said:

Nintendo has enough manpower to make a NSMB game if they want. I doubt that they contributed with a lot of resources to this game. Well, I'm almost sure of that. This game hasn't affected Nintendo planning at all, I guess they just leave Ubisoft make the whole game with some control over it, and that's it. 

Well I hope this is true. I really want another 2D Mario game.

I want it too, I normally prefer 2D Mario style games than 3D (3DWorld is kind of 2D so that counts ). It depends on Nintendo. But if they don't release a 2D Mario (which I really, really doubt though), it has nothing to do with Rabbids. It'd be because Nintendo doesn't want it. 

Around the Network

I thought it was strange that no one on my Switch friend list were playing M&R but I thought it would do better than that at least.

Boutros said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Yeah those Mario + Rabbids numbers are a bit suspicious since it has already been reported that Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is the best selling 3rd party game of them all currently. It was also at the top of the Amazon charts for a while.

So if we compare that to games like we know have sold well such as how Super Bomberman R is 500k+ (don't remember if that was shipped or sold though but still) then shouldn't Mario + Rabbids at least be over 500k, probably more since that article came out almost a month ago?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-21-mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-is-switchs-best-selling-non-nintendo-game

Isn't that after 4 weeks?

Though thats true, if this game debuted at 50k in the US there is no way this game is over 500k WW. It didnt even release in jap.

Numbers are off by alot imo. We shall see soon hopefully

The UK chart just showed Mario x Rabbids at 22k.

Yeah, I'm starting to get the suspicion that the US numbers are a bit off.

Alkibiádēs said:
Lol at people taking Vgchartz numbers as fact. Wait till Nintendo (or Ubisoft) release shipment + digital figures.

You were pretty convinced when VgChartz reported Zelda BOTW figures tho.

I get the feeling Chartz is way off with Mario+Rabbids since there is no way a Yakuza title could of outsold it.

Especially since its been reported its the best selling third party title (Ubisoft published the game FYI)