By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA and Europe Weekly, 2nd September 2017, Software

Given that it was announced to be the top selling third party on the Switch by late September, with both Street Fighter II and Bomberman selling at least around the 500k mark according to press releases by Capcom and Konami... those Mario + Rabbids numbers are looking mighty dubious.

Around the Network

No way Rabbids did that bad.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-21-mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-is-switchs-best-selling-non-nintendo-game

It's stated to be the best selling "third-party" game on the console, which means its at least above 500,000, since those were Bombermans sales numbers in its first month.

Lol at people taking Vgchartz numbers as fact. Wait till Nintendo (or Ubisoft) release shipment + digital figures.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Maybe Rabbids was uber successful in Europe and just bombed in the U.S

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Really hope Mario + Rabbids does better over time. Such a great game.

Around the Network

Darn. KH fell off the charts when it was at 53 the week before. Then again, it stopped charting on Amazon US around August 13 in the hourly chart and left the monthly chart by the end of the month.

Those numbers for Mario + Rabbids are really hard to believe (Amazon + official statements). I will wait for official numbers before calling bomba...

To those few people saying Mario + Rabbids is trash or a mess... Have you even played it? In my opinion, it is Switch's best exclusive right now.

I sure hope the numbers are wrong though. Such a good game. I want this to start a series!

1doesnotsimply

There is no way Mario + Rabbids sold only 50k first week. I'm willing to bet control over my account for the next 600 years over it. If i win, loser takes me out for a nice seafood dinner.

Hi

iLikeEggs said:

There is no way Mario + Rabbids sold only 50k first week. I'm willing to bet control over my account for the next 600 years over it. If i win, loser takes me out for a nice seafood dinner.

What do you propose it sold? I would go as far as to say 150k physically. I even thought 250k wouldn't be too surprising in America.