By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Supply Starting To Catch Up To Demand?

sethnintendo said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Now if only they'd do the same for the SNES Classic.

One can only hope.

Seriously. The cost of making the SNES Classic vs. Switch? Nintendo should be pumping them out and they should be in every store! 

Around the Network
NightlyPoe said:
I've been noticing it for a few weeks now that they've been more available. Even noticed it available on Amazon for days when I'd never seen it available there at all. It's why I didn't totally dismiss the 2 million a month number because either supply or demand had to have changed, and I don't see a reason for why demand would diminish.

It will probably sell out all over again in a few weeks once the holiday rush hits, but I think we should expect it to be readily available on a permanent basis starting in January.

It's been available on Amazon for over a week now. The only where demand has not yet been met seems to be Japan.

I visited the Nintendo NYC store on Saturday and was surprised they had plenty of Switch stock (both core and Splatoon 2 bundles). The place was packed at the time and they were in the process of clearing people off the 2nd floor for the Nintendo World Championship live stream. I didn't pick one up because I'm waiting for the Mario Odyssey bundle to drop, if I can't get my hands on one at launch then I'll just settle for core Switch + MO physical copy.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I've actually seen a few. When I have, they weren't plentily available, but they are there. Nintendo's getting better on supplying, and I think you're right. The SNES Classic has become the new scalper lightning rod.

Thank you for sharing

Around the Network

Nice post

Lawlight said:
NightlyPoe said:
I've been noticing it for a few weeks now that they've been more available. Even noticed it available on Amazon for days when I'd never seen it available there at all. It's why I didn't totally dismiss the 2 million a month number because either supply or demand had to have changed, and I don't see a reason for why demand would diminish.

It will probably sell out all over again in a few weeks once the holiday rush hits, but I think we should expect it to be readily available on a permanent basis starting in January.

It's been available on Amazon for over a week now. The only where demand has not yet been met seems to be Japan.

The question is how long will it last. With Super Mario odyssey incoming and the holiday season just behind I fear that the supply will get strained a lot again.

Prices on Amazon japan where dropping the last weeks and months from around 50k Yen to 40k Yen, but they have stopped dropping now. So while the supply has easend up a bit in the west, that's not going to happen in japan anytime soon

It was 299 in amazon few days ago... not sure this days but yeah that was a first

UK is still poor in terms of stock. but major cities in Spain/Italy/France had stock available. no SNES mini either.

Switch!!!

In my area, yes, I've seen Switches at the retailers I shop at, especially Target, which seems to get an oddly massive share of the system. The Walmarts will generally have a few, Best Buys a few more, and then Target will just have them by the dozen, it's a bit strange. I assume they're still selling quite well, however, as the stock levels tend to change whenever I go to Walmart to get groceries.