By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Supply Starting To Catch Up To Demand?

I noticed when I went in looking for a SNES Classic last week that my local Wal-Mart had several Switch systems just sitting there, which I hadn't seen before. 

Fast forward over a week later and I went back and noticed they had the same number of systems still there. Hearing this from a lot of other places too, seems like it's becoming a lot easier to get a Switch. Took about 6 months, but it looks like demand/supply is starting to hit an equilibrium in the West. 

Either that or the scalper crowd has moved on to trying to get SNES Classics, lol, that's suddenly the item that the Wal-Mart clerk told me she gets asked about constantly. 

Around the Network

I can only speak for Norway but it was never really a problem to get one here.

Snes has removed the scalper herd from the Switch. Also, don't forget that they probably gain more stock, so they may still be moving units as more come on.

Additionally, there will probably be a massive increase in demand for Mario and the holidays. I think Nintendo releasing the Switch in March was smart. It has gained a lot of hype and traction to create a healthy environment

Everywhere I went looking for a SNES classic had 3-5 Switches, compared to 0 from March to the end of September. So, I'd say it's finally evening out...

..until Mario Odyssey and the holidays hit, maybe.

Definitely getter better, but still seems to terrible in Japan unfortunately

Around the Network
Green098 said:
Definitely getter better, but still seems to terrible in Japan.

Yeah, even in Japan though I think as long as Nintendo continues to ship about 35-40k+ long enough, that's enough systems that eventually most people who really want one will be able to find one. When they were only shipping 20-25k/week that was dramatically starving the supply chain. 

Last week was the first time I've ever seen the Switch on shelves at my Local Target. They had quite a few of them in both colors. The Wal Mart in the same shopping center had about 3 of the Splatoon 2 bundles. Some annoying kid was trying to talk his friend out of buying the Splatoon bundle calling the game "ass". I wanted to chime in and tell him not to worry because it wasn't his money but I kept quiet lol.

Actually a lot of Nintendo stuff has been in stock, also saw plenty of 3DS XL, 2DS XL, and 2DS NSMB2 on shelves. As well as several colors of joy cons, and Switch accessories. Never seen so much Nintendo stuff in stock, they're really trying to get stuff out there. Well except SNES classic, but I mean weren't over 2 million shipped the first week? Only so much they can do 

My friend from Seattle casually mentioned yesterday, that he saw 7 Switches at....Wal-Mart? Gamestop? Whatever. Said it was the first time he saw them in the wild.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

monocle_layton said:
Snes has removed the scalper herd from the Switch. Also, don't forget that they probably gain more stock, so they may still be moving units as more come on.

Additionally, there will probably be a massive increase in demand for Mario and the holidays. I think Nintendo releasing the Switch in March was smart. It has gained a lot of hype and traction to create a healthy environment

I do think the SNES Classic has effectively moved the scalper crowd away from the Switch. It's no big deal to find one now, they're all obsessed with showing up at 7 AM to get a SNES Classic. Which makes it much easier for regular joes who just want a Switch to get one, hate to say it but asshat scalpers really cause large headaches. 

I saw a few at my local Wal-Mart the other day, but they were all splatoon 2 bundles.