By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Blade Runner 2049 has disappointing opening weekend of $32-35 million

Only reason I haven't seen it is that I can't convince anyone to see it with me. It has no appeal for most of the people I know since they either didn't like/didn't watch the first one.

I'm a huge fan of the Final Cut so I was on the fence about this movie since it was announced. I'd really like to see it though.

Around the Network
walterbates said:
Seems like it's doing well in the UK https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/oct/10/blade-runner-2049-top-at-uk-box-office-kingsman-dunkirk

The Brits have much better taste than us.

Saw it was. So glad I saw it in a theater, the visual and sound design is unreal.

That said this is not for mainstream audiences who just want 2 hours of the same ol', same ol' just with jokes and action.

This is cinema and it feels more like a dream than a straight forward narrative. And that's OK. Loved it, couldn't give a crap about the box office. Now that the film is made it will be here forever.

The original had a poor showing at cinemas and in the following years went on to gather a cult following.

Wyrdness said:
The original had a poor showing at cinemas and in the following years went on to gather a cult following.

This movie will make excellent revenue from Blu-Ray

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Saw it was. So glad I saw it in a theater, the visual and sound design is unreal.

That said this is not for mainstream audiences who just want 2 hours of the same ol', same ol' just with jokes and action.

This is cinema and it feels more like a dream than a straight forward narrative. And that's OK. Loved it, couldn't give a crap about the box office. Now that the film is made it will be here forever.

Yeah agree in every point, I just would rather seeing do it well cause that would mean we could get a third one, I think a trilogy would fit with Blade Runner, specially after watching 2049.

Goodnightmoon said:
Soundwave said:

Yeah agree in every point, I just would rather seeing do it well cause that would mean we could get a third one, I think a trilogy would fit with Blade Runner, specially after watching 2049.

Agreed, 2049 has a way more open ending than the first one. I honestly would be mad if another one isn't release if it mantains this quality level. 

Saw it twice, by the way. I did my best to improve its revenue XD

Volterra_90 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Agreed, 2049 has a way more open ending than the first one. I honestly would be mad if another one isn't release if it mantains this quality level. 

I'm thinking in going to see it again too XD

Goodnightmoon said:
Volterra_90 said:

I'm thinking in going to see it again too XD

Same!

Wow, just watched it. What an amazing movie!

The screenplay is brilliant and has some really strong images. The world truly feels terribly fucked up and the stage design highlights this exceptionally well. The sound design is absolutely mindblowing, too. Some scenes are so unbelievably intense because the sound is so awesome! I also love how the city looks very close like the one in the first movie. And all these little details! I love Goslings jacket that he can wear so it covers half of his face, that's so stylish. Also: very strong characters! Very strong hero as well as a very strong antagonist. And to top it all, one of the best mind fucking plot twists I've seen in may years!

Absolutely fantastic movie.