By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Same logic when a person of color doing something. He's a 'black man' or he's a 'Muslim'. It's reactionary to the stupidity of people reporting irrelevant information about a case

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Locknuts said:

Some within the Muslim community want to be considered a race. That way the islamists can divide the world into a race of muslims and unbelievers. If I can do anything to continue to remind people that Islam is just a set of ideas, I will.

It's not just those withing the Muslim community. There are racists that do the same, associating Arabs with Islam.

This is true, and those racists play right into the islamist's hands.

StarOcean said:
Same logic when a person of color doing something. He's a 'black man' or he's a 'Muslim'. It's reactionary to the stupidity of people reporting irrelevant information about a case

Well IMO it's ok to report on a persons appearance if they are still at large. Being a Muslim is only relevant if that was a motivating factor in the attack. Otherwise, yeah it's just stupidity.

Locknuts said:
StarOcean said:

Well IMO it's ok to report on a persons appearance if they are still at large. Being a Muslim is only relevant if that was a motivating factor in the attack. Otherwise, yeah it's just stupidity.

I see no reason why not to report the person as white then

Locknuts said:
VGPolyglot said:

It's not just those withing the Muslim community. There are racists that do the same, associating Arabs with Islam.

Islamists use it to their advantage, as do white supremacists.

Around the Network

Well, it's also sexist. There's been a growing vilification and demonization of white men by sjw types for a while. Hopefully, it dies out under it's own stupidity within a few more years or perhaps the majority of the left will exorcise 'em once they realize that the SJWs/alt left will bring them all down due to them trying to politically unify their side using umbrella terms/mindset. There's a growing blowback on them for it.

StarOcean said:
Locknuts said:

I see no reason why not to report the person as white then

In the shooting? Because he's dead. There is no need to warn the public about his appearance and the colour of his skin was not a contributing factor.

Besides, reporting I was referring to the collective demonisation of white men, not the media simply mentioning that he was white. There's nothing really wrong with that. Unnecessary, but not worth getting excited over.

Shouldn't you be catching an Infowars stream right now?

Nobody is demonizing all white men. Just the idiot racist kind. Much like the right isn't demonizing all black men, just the idiot racist kind.

There are enough victim groups, don't try to add another one.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

VGPolyglot said:
Locknuts said:

Islamists use it to their advantage, as do white supremacists.

What advantage is there for the white supremacists really? They'll never gather enough support to fight 1.6 billion muslims that could actually unify over a single set of texts. If the Islamists get their way Dar al Islam with take over the whole world.

Can you please link some examples of this? These kind of discussions is pretty pointless without some clear examples and context.