By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Mass shooting Las Vegas

Lawlight said:
Pemalite said:
When will you Americans learn about Gun Control? It does work.

There is no way you can control guns in a country of such size. It's not even entirely possible in Australia.

What are the gun laws in Australia? Were they altered in the past? Did they result in different results?

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
konnichiwa said:

I felt like the 'general' discussion thread is more for light hearted discussions. This kind of threads always end up with politic discussions anyway but if a mod wants to move it to General it is fine by me.

Thing is, this shouldn't be political ... but you know it's going to go there  

Sad that death has to be political. 

Anyways sad news. 

Why shouldn't it be political? When people die, we should always ask why it is and what we can do to prevent it, so ofcourse it's political.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
LadyJasmine said:
Its rather simple...

Crazy people with assault rifles can kill many people.

Inother countries the guy would have to use a knife likely

And in another country a dude with a knife would kill 50 and injuried 100 , its similar.

Simple as that.

with a knife? maybe kill 2 and wound like 10.

Guns def. make matters worse, and its way to easy in the US to get one apparently, since you guys have so many mass shootings.

ArchangelMadzz said:
LadyJasmine said:
Its rather simple...

I remember that one time a guy stabbed 400 people and killed 50 others in 10 minutes with a knife..

I can tell you're being ironic and sarcastic!
Well! You obviously have never heard of ninjas.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Shocking, wish all the best for families and friends victim to this.

Controlling Guns would have made no difference. People like this would have planned this a long time ago and would have equiped themselves off the Black Market. So in other words, take guns away from people, this event would have still happened.

In Australia people still get there hands on Guns and knifes etc. Only way to reduce the problem is by heavy secuity.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Pemalite said:

The problem is beyond gun control. There are too many souls living here and in  In a semi-free market there also comes a black market (obviously because its not completely free). You cannot stop people in America from getting guns, no less than you can stop illegal drug trade. Take away the guns too and no one will be able to defend themselves. American has been entrenched in gun culture since its inception.

You will never get any control whatsoever if you don't start somewhere. Saying that the problem is to big and therefore nothing should be done to regulate sales is to give up. Australia is a great example of the effects from gun control. Also, people don't need guns to defend themselves, arming everyone just causes more and more violence instead.

There was another mass shooting, smaller, shooting that just happened in the US.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/10/01/lawrence-community-shaken-after-5-people-shot-on-massachusetts-street/

3 of the 5 have died.

Mr Puggsly said:
Pemalite said:

Is THIS really a gun issue though?

Somebody wanted to kill a large number of people, that's the real problem. That can be achieved with a large vehicle, bomb, etc.

So let's simply allow everyone to own every kind of weapon: atomic bombs, tanks, warplanes, you name it.

After all, people will always find ways and weapons to kill others, right?

ArchangelMadzz said:
LadyJasmine said:
Its rather simple...

I remember that one time a guy stabbed 400 people and killed 50 others in 10 minutes with a knife..

Oh yeah, that was another withered looking 60+ year old man as well wasn't it? With his switch blade. Honestly people there is no way that person would have killed the number he did without the weapon he used, even the bomb in the concert in manchester killed far less people.

Also the argument of "maybe he didn't buy the automatic rifle himself because only X amount of people in the US are allowed those guns" okay.... so someone else was able to walk into a store and buy it and then illegally sell it to this person, the chain of the gun getting into this old fuckers hands still doesn't exist in other countries as easily as it does in the US.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ArnoldRimmer said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Is THIS really a gun issue though?

Somebody wanted to kill a large number of people, that's the real problem. That can be achieved with a large vehicle, bomb, etc.

So let's simply allow everyone to own every kind of weapon: atomic bombs, tanks, warplanes, you name it.

After all, people will always find ways and weapons to kill others, right?

Of course, the best way to stop a bad guy with a nuke is a good guy with a nuke.