By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Mass shooting Las Vegas

Thechalkblock said:
I’m going to go out on a limb (and I can’t believe this is going out on a limb) and say that guns should be illegal in the USA. Actually, in countries where guns are illegal this kind of shit is super rare. Is it that crazy to believe outlawing guns would decrease gun violence? I don’t think so.

I’m tired of the excuses. As an American, if the people who died were people that were close to you or people you loved, would you still feel guns are a necessity in the USA?

Gun culture is inherently violent, and isn’t worth supporting. Even the responsible kind.

Guns shouldn't be illegal. If someone wanted to kill people they would find another way to do so.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
SpokenTruth said:

Does it have a use aside from killing things?

Sport, but even still there is a demand to kill things. I take it you never experienced a bear or coyote in your trash in the middle of nowhere. Tons of people in the U.S live in wilderness. A shotgun might be best against one animal, but a pack of animals would require something a bit more semi-automatic. 

Actually a rifle would do the job.  Once you kill one, I highly doubt the pack would be back at your resident.  Killing them all would just introduce another problem as the preditory are gone and the other wild life go crazy.

SpokenTruth said:
VGPolyglot said:

It seems like you're trying to make gun-owners feel guilty for owning them, even if they didn't participate in violent crimes themselves?

Tell me, how many must die before we as a nation consider better gun control? Does it need to be personal family before we care?

This country just doesn't give a damn about people. They keep proving it. Over and over and over again.  War, guns, poverty, incarcerations...apparently, "ALL" lives don't matter.

Maybe instead of trying to mitigate the symptom as the main goal (i.e. having people commit mass murder with other weapons instead of guns), we should try to understand why people are driven to commit such heinous acts in the first place, and try to approach the situation from that angle? To try to stop the attempt from even happening.

Cause and effect.

Pretty much everyone can own guns. That means that criminals need guns as well, otherwise they would be at a disadvantage. Thus, cops have to expect that every criminal or suspicious guy owns a gun, which makes them draw their gun much faster.
Mass shootings are just the most obvious observation but it goes much deeper.

SpokenTruth said:
VGPolyglot said:

Maybe instead of trying to mitigate the symptom as the main goal (i.e. having people commit mass murder with other weapons instead of guns), we should try to understand why people are driven to commit such heinous acts in the first place, and try to approach the situation from that angle? To try to stop the attempt from even happening.

I want both.  I want a massive increase in mental health services and access to it.  Too many of these shooters have had mental health issues that went untreated.  Again, we don't give a damn about people enough to make that happen.

By the way, stocks at gun manufacturers and related fields just went up.  Why?  Because there is always a massive spike in guns sales after every mass shooting.  That should disgust everyone one of you.  Profit and guns are taking advantage of death and should tell you everyhing you need to know about our modern society. 

Yeah, obviously in this economy people are going to do vile things to make a profit. But without guns, how are we even going to be able to defend ourself from an opponent with tanks, all kinds of weaponry, helicopters, etc?

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:

ther partner they are looking for (comments say she is from Filipino ancestry).

Marilou Danley is being sought for questioning re the investigation into the active shooter incident. If seen please call 9-1-1!

They said the shooter had her OF cards.  He might have stole the.  She lives outside of the country and is not wanted in connection with the shooting.  They want to know how he got her stuff.

Calm down and leave this lady alone.

Pemalite said:
When will you Americans learn about Gun Control? It does work.

Not here. The US sells guns to other countries like Mexico which would just give the Cartels an even larger funding source. Criminals would just get even more weapons that are completly untraceable and still use them.  All making them illegal does is give riminals more revenue and another commodity in high demand while leaving law abiding citizens at the mercy of those criminals. 

SpokenTruth said:
VGPolyglot said:

I want both.  I want a massive increase in mental health services and access to it.  Too many of these shooters have had mental health issues that went untreated.  Again, we don't give a damn about people enough to make that happen.

By the way, stocks at gun manufacturers and related fields just went up.  Why?  Because there is always a massive spike in guns sales after every mass shooting.  That should disgust everyone one of you.  Profit and guns are taking advantage of death and should tell you everyhing you need to know about our modern society. 

They go up for two reasons. The first and the smaller factors, people buy guns to feel safe. The second and bigger driver of gun sales is because of the Left. You look at responses by politicians right now and its the right giving condolenses and the left talking about gun control. After any shooting that is the typical response from the left and media. BAN GUNS. And what does the threat of banning something do? Instantly increases sales. Heck, this forum loves teh whole Nintendo's artificial scarcity conspiracy theory, yet they seem surprised everytime gun sales increase.

Hell if I didn't know any better I would think the NRA has the democrats in their pocket.

SpokenTruth said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yeah, obviously in this economy people are going to do vile things to make a profit. But without guns, how are we even going to be able to defend ourself from an opponent with tanks, all kinds of weaponry, helicopters, etc?

I hear the military is recruiting.

That's who I meant we had to defend ourselves from.

SpokenTruth said:
VGPolyglot said:

Thats because the people with sense understand the idiot Democrats will immedietly go off on some tangent about banning guns. The latest is on Silencers, even though a Silencer has absolutly nothing to do with this issue, its a bill they have on the floor and will use whatever they can to get it through.