By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Mass shooting Las Vegas

SpokenTruth said:
sc94597 said:

or to kill intrusive wildlife and for sport. The guy definitely didn't have a normal (unmodified) AR15 though.

Does it have a use aside from killing things?

He already told you sport..... You have a pretty obvious agenda lol

Statistics are not on your side. It has been shown countless times what gun control does stop crime. Criminals who want a gun WILL get them

Around the Network
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
http://theconversation.com/deadly-combination-the-psychiatric-disorders-that-might-have-made-anders-breivik-into-a-mass-shooter-68035

Breivik's narcissistic personality disorder and Aspergers Syndrome/Autism Spectrum Disorder made him a dangerous ticking time bomb. Breivik just like various mass killers and violent criminals have similar personality traits that make them do the unthinkable. Autistics are incapable of feeling empathy and if they do not get their own way they act violently and aggressively.

Um, my brother has autism, and he's not violent in the slightest.

Mr Puggsly said:

You don't need great training to load magazines and swap.

Did 450 people get hit with bullets? If so, that's pretty amazing. I assume a lot of injuries could be trampling, slips, etc.

He hit many people because it was a massive crowd and he was above. You can do that with pistols as well.

Edit: He apparently had more than 10 rifles. So as I suggested, this guy was really motivated to kill a lot of people.

Kind of strange he wasted so much money on rifles, when you say he could have done it just as easily with a few pistols!

irstupid said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Oh yeah, that was another withered looking 60+ year old man as well wasn't it? With his switch blade. Honestly people there is no way that person would have killed the number he did without the weapon he used, even the bomb in the concert in manchester killed far less people.

Also the argument of "maybe he didn't buy the automatic rifle himself because only X amount of people in the US are allowed those guns" okay.... so someone else was able to walk into a store and buy it and then illegally sell it to this person, the chain of the gun getting into this old fuckers hands still doesn't exist in other countries as easily as it does in the US.

Well I've read tha the does have his pilots licenes for a smal plane.

He could do a lot of damage with that. Imagine crashing a small plane into a crowded concert. Or putting a bomb in that plane he crashes.

I don't know the whole no fly zones, but guessing he does and would be able to find a suitable crowded target that would allow him to fly.

Guns or no guns, people bent to doing mass murders will find a way to do it. Just look at all the terrorist attacks in the last few years. I swear only 1 in 10 are gun related at all.

Then why have any laws at all.  In other words, yes someone could always find a way to kill a lot of people but why do they use guns instead, because they are easily obtainable.  The more difficult you make it for someone to obtain guns then they have to go to option B or C or D, each one more difficult to pull off successfully.  Each one more difficult for just the average crazy to do.

sc94597 said:
SpokenTruth said:
Cars can kill people but we drive cars for transportation.
Knives can kill people but we use them for cutting food.
Bombs can kill people but we use the ingredients for every day chemicals.

AR15s can kill people but we use them to, uh, kill people......hmmm.

or to kill intrusive wildlife and for sport. The guy definitely didn't have a normal (unmodified) AR15 though.

Not a sport when the other side has no chance.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
sc94597 said:

Does it have a use aside from killing things?

Sport, but even still there is a demand to kill things. I take it you never experienced a bear or coyote in your trash in the middle of nowhere. Tons of people in the U.S live in wilderness. A shotgun might be best against one animal, but a pack of animals would require something a bit more semi-automatic. 

Nymeria said:
Lawlight said:

Yeah, they were banned in 1996 with the government allowing an amnesty for people to surrender their unlicensed guns without being prosecuted. The licensed ones were purchased back I think. But the rate of homicide with firearms was decreasing at the rate of 3% each year even before the ban. The ban accelerated that to 5%.

How many mass shootings have occured in Austrailia since 1996?

Do Australians look favorable upon the change or wish to go back to pre-1996 laws?

0 mass shooting but mostly out of luck. There were other massacres, just not by guns. And I say we got lucky because there has been shooting sprees. That Sydney siege could have been a lot worse.

It's looked upon favourably, no doubt about that. 

Making guns illegal in the USA would start an all-out civil war.

sc94597 said:
Hiku said:

I think the emphasis was on "likely". You can't prevent it from ever happening. But when assault rifles cost hundreds of thousands on the black market, you can bet it will deter at least some people from going through great lengths to get them. Some will though. That's never going to change.

Why would money be a consideration when you plan to end your life anyway? People in Western countries have access to quite a bit of credit and since they have no intention of paying it back there is no care about interest rates.The process to get an Assault Rifle in the U.S is already quite rigorous and as I mentioned earlier 10 assault rifles are going to put you over a hundred thousand dollars. Australia's black market might be more supply constraint because it is an island country with an overwhelming majority of its population living along the coasts, making enforcement easier.  

I just wanna know how ppl plan to get the guns out of America that are already in circulation. Are they gonna get the owners, war on drugs style, or go after dealers? 7 of my immediate family members own firearms and I know for a fact they arent gonna go turn them in if laws were passed.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

SegataSanshiro said:
sc94597 said:

Not a sport when the other side has no chance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_sport

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Shooting_Sport_Federation

What other side? When I said "sport" you must be thinking about something quite different from what I am taking about.