By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Nautilus said:
Jranation said:
Are Amiibos the only NFC toys that are selling well?

Dont know about selling well, but at least its safe to say its the only one left thats still profitable.

Its like Nintendo got a Monopoly on the NFC Toys and the handheld market xD 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Nuvendil said:
I mean, I think part of the reason for the inactivity is that this month is kinda like the second Cavs vs Celtics game this past playoffs. I mean, there just comes a point where a curbstomp stops being amusing :P

Basically how I've felt the last few years with ps4 dominating the world.  It gets to the stage where you just take it for granted. 

Kero..... You posting this?? Cmon bro! Your sony #1 cheering fan xD

tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

Basically how I've felt the last few years with ps4 dominating the world.  It gets to the stage where you just take it for granted. 

Kero..... You posting this?? Cmon bro! Your sony #1 cheering fan xD

Already couldn't resist the awesomness of frog-mario...

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

9 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#05 N3DSXL SNES (same)*
#09 NS Grey (same)
#20 NS Neon (same)
#30 SNES Classic (down 2)
#42 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 1)
#46 PS4 COD (down 1)*
#52 NS Mario (up 1)
#67 XB1 (down 5)
#69 PS4 Pro (up 3)
#95 N2DSXL (down 5)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
#01 NS Super Mario Odyssey (same)
#41 NS Super Mario Odyssey [Digital] (up 1)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 1 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  3 in the top 100 / 3 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

I'm surprised Sony aren't making the US more of a battleground at the moment. I guess in the states black Friday being such a big thing, that it eats up October, but surely instead of writing off the month they can make lesser deals already. In the UK for instance you can get the Gt sport pro bundle, with 2 extra games for $30s less than list price.

In the UK too, Amazon has a lot of online shopping competition, meaning it is usually the worst priced place to shop, so last on the list of where most gamers would buy from. I get the feeling the US could use this kind of competition too, because the lack of year round good deals and obvious price fixing will keep the majority of sales in the holidays again and more so going forward.

Around the Network
Jaxyfoo said:
I'm surprised Sony aren't making the US more of a battleground at the moment. I guess in the states black Friday being such a big thing, that it eats up October, but surely instead of writing off the month they can make lesser deals already. In the UK for instance you can get the Gt sport pro bundle, with 2 extra games for $30s less than list price.

In the UK too, Amazon has a lot of online shopping competition, meaning it is usually the worst priced place to shop, so last on the list of where most gamers would buy from. I get the feeling the US could use this kind of competition too, because the lack of year round good deals and obvious price fixing will keep the majority of sales in the holidays again and more so going forward.

Sony, particularly the US branch of SIE, is focused on getting as much hardware revenue as they can. Mat Piscatella mentioned that the PS4 led all platforms in terms of hardware revenue even though the Switch won September. I'll take a gander that Sony will try to ride it out as long as they can until holiday season starts.

I wonder where it can rank in the software for the month

3D World only sold 215k and wasn't in the top ten, or anywhere close in terms of sales

I see that for sure, but surely adding in maybe a digital copy of horizon into every bundle, or something along those lines would serve it well at the moment. Especially when in both ps4s and x1s are bound to be down these holidays due mainly to the switch. Xbox might swing a lot of these lost sales back as people upgrade to the x. But you can't beat a bit of momentum.

celador said:
I wonder where it can rank in the software for the month

3D World only sold 215k and wasn't in the top ten, or anywhere close in terms of sales

SMO 2nd week will be over 3D world first week at this rate. Also that was a Nov release. This is Oct and SMO is dominating.

AC:O is probably the only new release that will top it in sales...... If D2 doesnt have the legs to beat it. SMO will be either 1st or 2nd 

Jaxyfoo said:
I see that for sure, but surely adding in maybe a digital copy of horizon into every bundle, or something along those lines would serve it well at the moment. Especially when in both ps4s and x1s are bound to be down these holidays due mainly to the switch. Xbox might swing a lot of these lost sales back as people upgrade to the x. But you can't beat a bit of momentum.

Thus far PS4 is up yoy in the US.  It's very likely and very wise to call that a win.  Xbox on the other hand is in the pits.

We'll see what happens October, the Switch is killing it right now.  However,  if the Switch's success doesn't inhibit PS4 success and it's still up yoy, expect Sony to be content with that.  Xbox is their most direct competitor and their own past sales their most important goal to surpass.  So long as they crush Xbox and are up yoy, that will likely be enough for them.