By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Are Amiibos the only NFC toys that are selling well?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Seriously though. Mario games aren't typically frontloaded so Mario selling so well out of the gate is terrifying for the implicatioms it has long term. This is looking like it will easily be the best selling 3D Mario to date.

4 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#05 N3DSXL SNES (down 2)*
#09 NS Grey (same)
#20 NS Neon (up 1)
#28 SNES Classic (down 5)
#41 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 3)
#45 PS4 COD (down 3)*
#53 NS Mario (down 13)
#62 XB1 (down 2)
#72 PS4 Pro (down 1)
#90 N2DSXL (down 1)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
#01 NS Super Mario Odyssey (same)
#42 NS Super Mario Odyssey [Digital] (up 1)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 1 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  3 in the top 100 / 3 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

RolStoppable said:
Jranation said:

All of the three major NFC franchises (Skylanders, Disney Infinity and Lego Dimensions) are pretty much done for. None of the responsible companies are planning any more sequels or major updates.

Ubisoft is joining the NFC race in 2018 though with Starlink: Battle for Atlas.

I'm still waiting for them to realize how much this game will bomb.

RolStoppable said:
Jranation said:

All of the three major NFC franchises (Skylanders, Disney Infinity and Lego Dimensions) are pretty much done for. None of the responsible companies are planning any more sequels or major updates.

Good for Nintendo. But I do expect most of the old amiibos are slowly dying. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Looks like PS4 domination has been replaced by Nintendomination. Nintendo’s really been killing it. Good for them.

.hack is at #89. Let's go!

newwil7l said:
Seriously though. Mario games aren't typically frontloaded so Mario selling so well out of the gate is terrifying for the implicatioms it has long term. This is looking like it will easily be the best selling 3D Mario to date.

I keep saying its because Super Mario 3D World, being a 3D 2D'ish type game, put people off.

Its now been forever since people had a real 3D type mario game (mario galaxy 2 was back in 2010).

The thirst is real.

Mario Odessey is going to sell huge amounts.

Jranation said:

Dont know about selling well, but at least its safe to say its the only one left thats still profitable.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nuvendil said:
I mean, I think part of the reason for the inactivity is that this month is kinda like the second Cavs vs Celtics game this past playoffs. I mean, there just comes a point where a curbstomp stops being amusing :P

Basically how I've felt the last few years with ps4 dominating the world.  It gets to the stage where you just take it for granted.