By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How large is each fanbase on VGChartz?

Which fanbase are you most a part of?

Nintendo 317 39.28%

Sony 224 27.76%

Microsoft 49 6.07%

PC 34 4.21%

None 10 1.24%

Multiple 102 12.64%

See results 71 8.80%

Total:807

Mainly Nintendo and Sony. I also game on my Mac, though. (yes, yes, I know...)

Around the Network
Mandalore76 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

well you saved me the effort from defining it for you, but that doesn't make my statement untrue.

I never said exclusives nor did I mention nintendo. do you have a problem or something?

I don't have a problem.  You went out of your way to say that PlayStation + PC legally gives you access to almost every game available.  I was just pointing out that if you don't have 1 of the big 3 console platforms, there is really no point in saying "I have access to almost every game available".  You're entitled to your preference, but your second sentence in original post was both unnecessary, and yes untrue. 

Please show how many games launched for PC+X1+PS4+Switch were launched that aren't playable if you have PS4+PC... I bet that would be a number small enough to be called "almost every game".

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

StarDoor said:
The posts in this thread and the votes in the poll have a large discrepancy.

According to the poll: (633 votes)
Nintendo: 41.55%
Sony: 30.33%
Microsoft: 6.95%
PC: 4.58%
None: 1.26%
Multiple: 15.32%

According to what people posted: (90 votes)
Nintendo: 18.89%
Sony: 15.56%
Microsoft: 8.89%
PC: 3.33%
None: 7.78%
Multiple: 45.56%

If you separate out the "Multiple" category in people's posts: (142 votes)
Nintendo: 34.51%
Sony: 27.46%
Microsoft: 11.27%
PC: 21.83%
None: 4.93%

Only among people who listed one or no fanbases: (49 votes)
Nintendo: 34.69%
Sony: 28.57%
Microsoft: 16.33%
PC: 6.12%
None: 14.29%

In the poll results, Nintendo is very over-represented, Sony is slightly over-represented, while Microsoft, PC, and people without a fanbase are vastly underrepresented.

I have a small hypothesis for the discrepancy.

Since most posts are so Pro Nintendo and Pro Sony it drives away the other fanbases, and the lurkers will just leave if their fanbase isn't well recieved in most of the threads or posts that show up on the front page. While posters of these smaller fanbases know that their is indeed a decent following and continue to post, even if their threads don't hit the front page as often.

N & PC, i game more on PC but i get sucked in if a good n game launches. not much that i'm looking forward to on PC nowdays

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

StarDoor said:
The posts in this thread and the votes in the poll have a large discrepancy.

According to the poll: (633 votes)
Nintendo: 41.55%
Sony: 30.33%
Microsoft: 6.95%
PC: 4.58%
None: 1.26%
Multiple: 15.32%

According to what people posted: (90 votes)
Nintendo: 18.89%
Sony: 15.56%
Microsoft: 8.89%
PC: 3.33%
None: 7.78%
Multiple: 45.56%

If you separate out the "Multiple" category in people's posts: (142 votes)
Nintendo: 34.51%
Sony: 27.46%
Microsoft: 11.27%
PC: 21.83%
None: 4.93%

Only among people who listed one or no fanbases: (49 votes)
Nintendo: 34.69%
Sony: 28.57%
Microsoft: 16.33%
PC: 6.12%
None: 14.29%

In the poll results, Nintendo is very over-represented, Sony is slightly over-represented, while Microsoft, PC, and people without a fanbase are vastly underrepresented.

Hmmm.... I need to do my own recount when I have time. When I stopped doing the counts, the ratio of Nintendo fans to Sony fans was much larger.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Lawlight said:

Hmmm.... I need to do my own recount when I have time. When I stopped doing the counts, the ratio of Nintendo fans to Sony fans was much larger.

There are indeed many more Nintendo fans than Sony fans. But I don't need to tell you, because it frequently happens that you post and find yourself surrounded by several Nintendo fans within minutes.

Yeah, 2:1 ratio is about where it's at I would say. Probably why vgchartz never really took off.

Lawlight said:
RolStoppable said:

There are indeed many more Nintendo fans than Sony fans. But I don't need to tell you, because it frequently happens that you post and find yourself surrounded by several Nintendo fans within minutes.

Yeah, 2:1 ratio is about where it's at I would say. Probably why vgchartz never really took off.

A 2:1 ratio is supported by neither the posts in this thread nor the poll.

Also, that's an odd statement to make when VGChartz's peak of popularity coincided with Nintendo's best performance in the market (Wii and DS).

Tagging for reference later.

Mandalore76 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

It seems like I hurt your feelings or something. maybe you should go back and reread my edit statement for clearity.

Nope.  You can play a lot of Microsoft titles on PC, which is why I assume the games you don't have access to are Nintendo games.  Nintendo is a large enough entity that I wouldn't consider not having them as "having access to almost every game".  It's simple logic.  I have an XBox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch, yet I don't feel a need to proclaim that I have access to almost every game, because it's not so.  The statement is pointless, and I called it as such.

Your logic, is flawed.

find how many games that is not playable if you don't have PS4 and PC.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
Mandalore76 said:

Nope.  You can play a lot of Microsoft titles on PC, which is why I assume the games you don't have access to are Nintendo games.  Nintendo is a large enough entity that I wouldn't consider not having them as "having access to almost every game".  It's simple logic.  I have an XBox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch, yet I don't feel a need to proclaim that I have access to almost every game, because it's not so.  The statement is pointless, and I called it as such.

Your logic is flawed.

Fixed. That was driving me nuts.