By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How large is each fanbase on VGChartz?

Which fanbase are you most a part of?

Nintendo 317 39.28%

Sony 224 27.76%

Microsoft 49 6.07%

PC 34 4.21%

None 10 1.24%

Multiple 102 12.64%

See results 71 8.80%

Total:807
Mandalore76 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

sony playstation, and pc

This pair gives access to almost every game available. legally.

How are you playing Nintendo first party and exclusive games on PlayStation or PC legally?  If not, then it's not really even close to "almost every game".

It says you're 41 years old on your profile. Do I really have to define the word Almost for you?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Mandalore76 said:

How are you playing Nintendo first party and exclusive games on PlayStation or PC legally?  If not, then it's not really even close to "almost every game".

It says you're 41 years old on your profile. Do I really have to define the word Almost for you?

I'll define it for you, since you are the one misusing it:  Almost, most, nearly, well-nigh all mean within a small degree of or short space.  

The Playstation is my favorite platform for gaming. Every platform has bad, average, good and awesome games. But in my opinion PS has the biggest amount of good and awesome games, thus it is my system of choice.

ThisGuyFooks said:
There are people leaving the site because they thought the Sony fanbase was bigger than anything else.

Show them this poll before its too late!!!!

Let em leave. Sometimes people just dont like seeing a company they dont like doing well

Sony mostly, then Nintendo, some PC

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
ThisGuyFooks said:
There are people leaving the site because they thought the Sony fanbase was bigger than anything else.

Two issues with that. 1) Do you actually want those people to stay? 2) The "multiple" option.

That is the one I chose. I am playing a game on ps4, while waiting for a game to release on the switch and the 3ds this month.

But really it is just number 1.

oniyide said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

Let em leave. Sometimes people just dont like seeing a company they dont like doing well

I was being sarcastic guys

Im just messing around after seeing the "I Quit" Thread earlier this morning.

The posts in this thread and the votes in the poll have a large discrepancy.

According to the poll: (633 votes)
Nintendo: 41.55%
Sony: 30.33%
Microsoft: 6.95%
PC: 4.58%
None: 1.26%
Multiple: 15.32%

According to what people posted: (90 votes)
Nintendo: 18.89%
Sony: 15.56%
Microsoft: 8.89%
PC: 3.33%
None: 7.78%
Multiple: 45.56%

If you separate out the "Multiple" category in people's posts: (142 votes)
Nintendo: 34.51%
Sony: 27.46%
Microsoft: 11.27%
PC: 21.83%
None: 4.93%

Only among people who listed one or no fanbases: (49 votes)
Nintendo: 34.69%
Sony: 28.57%
Microsoft: 16.33%
PC: 6.12%
None: 14.29%

In the poll results, Nintendo is very over-represented, Sony is slightly over-represented, while Microsoft, PC, and people without a fanbase are vastly underrepresented.

StarDoor said:

In the poll results, Nintendo is very over-represented, Sony is slightly over-represented, while Microsoft, PC, and people without a fanbase are vastly underrepresented.

What I find interesting is how over 600 people voted in the poll. It either means that there is a very large number of people who voted but didn't post, or there are people that voted multiple times.

VGPolyglot said:
StarDoor said:

What I find interesting is how over 600 people voted in the poll. It either means that there is a very large number of people who voted but didn't post, or there are people that voted multiple times.

I think you know the answer

RolStoppable said:
StarDoor said:

(...)

A flawed methodology leads to questionable results. Here are a couple of factors that skew the results:

1. Nintendo fans are more likely to admit that they are Nintendo fans, as opposed to Sony fans who tend to answer "multiple" in order to come across as more objective. Xbox fans matter so little in the big picture that it's hardly a concern what they do.

2. Polls can be easily messed with, meaning a member who belongs to a suppressed group (by their own perception) can vote for the suppressors to amplify the image of suppression.

Most importantly though, you asked the wrong questions in the original post. If you/we want to find out which fanbase is the biggest, then the question that needs to be asked to the community is which console manufacturer they side with in arguments, because arguments is what it is all about.  This means the "multiple" answer is not an option. People who'd call their PC their primary gaming device would also have to pick a single console manufacturer, because the vast majority of them certainly does prefer one console manufacturer over others. Anyone who gives a multiple answer regardless would have to be scrutinized.

Even then, it wouldn't be a flawless methodology because people could abstain from the vote, either because of not knowing of the thread or in a deliberate manner.

An alternative would be to ask the people who claim suppression/imbalance/unfairness directly. Much of the perception is grounded in posting behavior.

Is that true though? I can understand that for some of the more vocal people here, who would want to be able to critique Nintendo consoles without appearing biased, can I don't think the majority of PlayStation fans here would really fall into that category. I assume it's a vocal minority that makes it seem skewed that way.