By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How large is each fanbase on VGChartz?

Which fanbase are you most a part of?

Nintendo 317 39.28%

Sony 224 27.76%

Microsoft 49 6.07%

PC 34 4.21%

None 10 1.24%

Multiple 102 12.64%

See results 71 8.80%

Total:807
RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:

Is that true though? I can understand that for some of the more vocal people here, who would want to be able to critique Nintendo consoles without appearing biased, can I don't think the majority of PlayStation fans here would really fall into that category. I assume it's a vocal minority that makes it seem skewed that way.

It's certainly not the majority of PlayStation fans.

By the way Rol, did you hear that Curl got a Switch? It's October, too!!

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:

What I find interesting is how over 600 people voted in the poll. It either means that there is a very large number of people who voted but didn't post, or there are people that voted multiple times.

The site lets randoms vote, even if they are unlogged.

This can easily mess up the polls i believe!

ThisGuyFooks said:
VGPolyglot said:

What I find interesting is how over 600 people voted in the poll. It either means that there is a very large number of people who voted but didn't post, or there are people that voted multiple times.

The site lets randoms vote, even if they are unlogged.

This can easily mess up the polls i believe!

Not only that, it's based on IP address rather than account.

Nintendo: 50%
PC: 30%
Sony: 20%

Edit: So I guess I should have answered "Multiple" in the poll but I went for "Nintendo" instead because they're the ones I'm most interested in, I follow them more closely.

Signature goes here!

Mandalore76 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

sony playstation, and pc

This pair gives access to almost every game available. legally.

How are you playing Nintendo first party and exclusive games on PlayStation or PC legally?  If not, then it's not really even close to "almost every game".

Mandalore76 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

It says you're 41 years old on your profile. Do I really have to define the word Almost for you?

I'll define it for you, since you are the one misusing it:  Almost, most, nearly, well-nigh all mean within a small degree of or short space.  

well you saved me the effort from defining it for you, but that doesn't make my statement untrue. It comes from considering how many games are under each platform, and how many of those games are multiplat. In this case, ps, and pc have almost all of them.

I never mentioned nintendo nor exclusives.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Mandalore76 said:

How are you playing Nintendo first party and exclusive games on PlayStation or PC legally?  If not, then it's not really even close to "almost every game".

Mandalore76 said:

I'll define it for you, since you are the one misusing it:  Almost, most, nearly, well-nigh all mean within a small degree of or short space.  

well you saved me the effort from defining it for you, but that doesn't make my statement untrue.

I never said exclusives nor did I mention nintendo. do you have a problem or something?

I don't have a problem.  You went out of your way to say that PlayStation + PC legally gives you access to almost every game available.  I was just pointing out that if you don't have 1 of the big 3 console platforms, there is really no point in saying "I have access to almost every game available".  You're entitled to your preference, but your second sentence in original post was both unnecessary, and yes untrue. 

Mandalore76 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

well you saved me the effort from defining it for you, but that doesn't make my statement untrue.

I never said exclusives nor did I mention nintendo. do you have a problem or something?

I don't have a problem.  You went out of your way to say that PlayStation + PC legally gives you access to almost every game available.  I was just pointing out that if you don't have 1 of the big 3 console platforms, there is really no point in saying "I have access to almost every game available".  You're entitled to your preference, but your second sentence in original post was both unnecessary, and yes untrue. 

It seems like I hurt your feelings or something. maybe you should go back and reread my edit statement for clearity.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Eh, what's the big deal? Yeah, there are plenty Nintendo and Sony fans. 

It's not like that during the Wii U fiasco, many of the Nintendo threads were made by declared non Nintendo fans, but now that Nintendo is on rise suddenly the amount of Nintendo threads is now a problem for some people... I wonder why...

We reap what we sow

deskpro2k3 said:
Mandalore76 said:

It seems like I hurt your feelings or something. maybe you should go back and reread my edit statement for clearity.

Nope.  You can play a lot of Microsoft titles on PC, which is why I assume the games you don't have access to are Nintendo games.  Nintendo is a large enough entity that I wouldn't consider not having them as "having access to almost every game".  It's simple logic.  I have an XBox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch, yet I don't feel a need to proclaim that I have access to almost every game, because it's not so.  The statement is pointless, and I called it as such.

Xbox fanbase on the site died since PS3 started recovering ground.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."