By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Prepare for The Apocalypse?

Should we get ready for the apocalypse?

Yes 48 44.44%

No 60 55.56%

Total:108

No. Just live your life.
When the SHTF, suffer like everyone else.
If you are not oppose to it, deliver your soul do Jesus Christ, at least as a Pascal wager deal.
After that, you´re in good Hands.
If you hate God so much that His sacrifice does not melt your heart, do not even do that, why would you want Heaven when Heaven means to be close to God for all eternity? Just keep hating Him or denying Him till you´re dead, then deal with your choice.
If you do not want to believe in God, then do not believe Him.
It is said that He called out for every soul of every man, just by the sight of creation. If such sights do not speak to your heart, do not botter.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
So much doom-mongering, but the general thread is upwards. CO2 emissions have stabilized, and I'm fairly certain they will start to decrease globally within a few years (they are already decreasing in the US, China and Europe).

Child marriage is getting outlawed in more countries, and the rates are (albeit too slowly) declining as well. People are getting pulled out of poverty.

There are some things getting worse, like economic inequality in developed nations, but overall, the trend is positive. While we will probably suffer several temporary setbacks, the trend will continue.

Child marriages is only the tip of the iceberg. You get kids having sex and ending up having kids at the age of 13/14. They have 2-3 kids by the time they are 18/19 and there is nothing you can do to stop that. 

Fei-Hung said:
Teeqoz said:
So much doom-mongering, but the general thread is upwards. CO2 emissions have stabilized, and I'm fairly certain they will start to decrease globally within a few years (they are already decreasing in the US, China and Europe).

Child marriage is getting outlawed in more countries, and the rates are (albeit too slowly) declining as well. People are getting pulled out of poverty.

There are some things getting worse, like economic inequality in developed nations, but overall, the trend is positive. While we will probably suffer several temporary setbacks, the trend will continue.

Child marriages is only the tip of the iceberg. You get kids having sex and ending up having kids at the age of 13/14. They have 2-3 kids by the time they are 18/19 and there is nothing you can do to stop that. 

The rates for adolescent pregnancy has decreased globally every year since 1960 (at least), so that's another point where the world is getting better.

Of course a country outlawing child marriage alone doesn't solve the problem, it's just an example that shows the greater trend.

who really benefits from a war? Like NK would be annihilated and Trump would lose support and probably have to fight China in a war destroying his own economy and possibly the world. Doesn't make sense. Can we just help China annex NK? I mean they don't gain much being so big already and they could have the little chunk that's causing all the problems.

I am Iron Man

Fei-Hung said:
Teeqoz said:

after they have a bastard child sterilize.  Sorry but overpopulation will kill everyone and cause those kids to have to war for food in the future so not letting as many get born is the only humane thing.  If you can't learn to wear a condem or take birth control you get a visectomy or tubes tied end of story.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
vivster said:

Then exclude Germany, it's quite nice here. Far away from any hurricanes, earthquakes, racist oranges or rocket men.

Well then see if you can find anywhere else in the world that isn't turning into total shit, or gonna be destroyed by the incoming third world war.

Switzerland

CaptainExplosion said:

Might as well, considering what a shithole the world's becoming every second, an orange racist is poking a nuclear powered fat moron, pollution is on the rise, so are sea levels, and the world is extremely over populated.

I can't be the only one here who thinks we need to prepare for doomsday because of all that crap.

The world has seen much bleaker times (the black plauge ect.) Don't be so cynical. Things go in cycles and right now, there's alot of social, political and religious termoil. 

Might as well be hysterical as possible til I have to go to sleep in a nice comfy bed and wake up the next morning for work as usual.

That'd be cool by me, I don't think I'm ready for my tests coming up

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Let's get on with it shall we. The world needs some resetting. :D