By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says No to Ps Vita 2

Mr Puggsly said:
deskpro2k3 said:

PS Vita came out way ahead of its time, so they know how to design handhelds with nice tech inside them. Sony just don't know how to support it right, and the high priced memory cards didn't help either so they're the only reason to blame for its misfortune.

Eh... Vita's specs in practice resembled 6th gen graphics, OG Xbox comes to mind but with less polish. I say that having played Killzone on a Vita TV, it doesn't look great away from that small screen. For the time it was released, it was decent specs at beast. Switch is a much bigger leap forward in comparison.

I swear if your goal is to derail this thread then you best be prepared because I will make you look dumb for making that post. Do you want that?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Eh... Vita's specs in practice resembled 6th gen graphics, OG Xbox comes to mind but with less polish. I say that having played Killzone on a Vita TV, it doesn't look great away from that small screen. For the time it was released, it was decent specs at beast. Switch is a much bigger leap forward in comparison.

I swear if your goal is to derail this thread then you best be prepared because I will make you look dumb for making that post. Do you want that?

Haha! Your reaction is classic. More importantly than my triggering first paragraph, you completely ignored my second paragraph.

But yeah, I totally encourage you to... "make me look dumb." Sounds like a good time but I'm going to bed in a bit... so do what you want.

One last thing, Infinity Blade was a great looking portable game well before Vita was released and running UE3. That's why I don't feel Vita was ahead of its time, it was simply the best spects on a portable CONSOLE.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I guess Sony truly is incompetent, and the PS4 is just a complete accident. They are like lottery winners that can't handle the money, and end up blowing it and loosing everything. PS4 has opened so many doors for them, and they are still going to fail to strengthen their OS and build out their ecosystem. If Andrew House can't handle being the market leader in VR, and can't see a future for PlayStation in the mobile market, then he needs to step down.

Sadly I think his words are a real insight in to Sony's real feelings about PlayStation. The company absolutly loaths the idea that a "childrens toy" is their most successful product. They will do everything to try and kill PlayStation in favor of growing their "respectable" devices like Bravia and Xperia.

I hope I am wrong, and this is just a ploy to lower the stocks so the big wigs can buy in before they announce plans to grow the business. If turns out to be true though, and they kill off PS Vue, PSVR, and go ARM and Nvida next gen and undo everything they have built up with PS4, then I am done with them. If they are truly this ignorant, then they will be out of the consumer electronics business by 2030. No one wants Xperia and Bravia, no one wants Google products with the Sony name slapped on them. After they butcher PlayStation, they will have no where left to turn.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Mr Puggsly said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Haha! Your reaction is classic. More importantly than my triggering first paragraph, you completely ignored my second paragraph.

But yeah, I totally encourage you to... "make me look dumb." Sounds like a good time but I'm going to bed in a bit... so do what you want.

One last thing, Infinity Blade was a great looking portable game well before Vita was released and running UE3. That's why I don't feel Vita was ahead of its time, it was simply the best spects on a portable CONSOLE.

So smog, but don't laugh, school is in session.

Vita came out in 2011, with the A9 Chip combined with 512RAM, the only portable with a 5-inch OLED screen, with front and back touch screens and a lot more functionalities that I don't feel like listing right now. iphones didn't have anything close to an A9 chip until 2015 with the iphone 6, and don't let me compare it with the 3ds, because that specs doesn't come close either.

Of course I didn't address the second paragraph, because that one was more reasonable.

Ljink96 said:
Warjuning said:
Well, that makes sense. The Playstation 4 is printing money right now, so they are focusing on completely supporting it.

True, but you should never become complacent in this industry just because your device is all the rage. Nintendo learned this the hard way with the Wii. You have to stay on top of industry trends. Japan is a huge gaming market, if you lose them (which Sony is well on the way to doing if they haven't already) that's a huge chunk of the market gone.  They'll dominate the classic home console market as we know it but the industry is always changing.

If I could like this post I would

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Vita came out in 2011, with the A9 Chip combined with 512RAM, the only portable with a 5-inch OLED screen, with front and back touch screens and a lot more functionalities that I don't feel like listing right now. iphones didn't have anything close to an A9 chip until 2015 with the iphone 6, and don't let me compare it with the 3ds, because that specs doesn't come close either.

Of course I didn't address the second paragraph, because that one was more reasonable.

I hear ya... but some that functionality was junk. That's rear touch stuff was a neat gimmick I suppose but not essential and sometimes a burden, OLED was eventually removed. In practice a lot of Vita games run poorly outside of titles really optimized for the hardware. You're telling the A9 chip is amazing, but in practice... eh.

I own a Vita, I enjoyed my Vita, but I'm not sad to see it go.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I hear ya... but some that functionality was junk. That's rear touch stuff was a neat gimmick I suppose but not essential and sometimes a burden, OLED was eventually removed. In practice a lot of Vita games run poorly outside of titles really optimized for the hardware. You're telling the A9 chip is amazing, but in practice... eh.

I own a Vita, I enjoyed my Vita, but I'm not sad to see it go.

well I do hate that back touch screen, but I still have my oled for crunchroll, I'm just saying. oled rules

With the Nintendo Switch Slaying! It shows that it takes more than a powerful handheld to do well.

- Games
- Marketing
- No bullshit Memory cards

Pocky Lover Boy! 

The way Sony made PSVita surely handheld market isn't a big opportunity for them.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Handhelds are pointless outside of Japan. I think he realizes that. Japan isn't that important of a market compared to NA and Europe. You can look at the charts on weekly basis and see that. As long as they do ok Japan I don't think Sony cares too much. Focusing on the NA and Europe markets is the smart thing to do.