By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says No to Ps Vita 2

RJ_Sizzle said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

That's literally what Sony wanted the PSP and PS Vita to be ... 

Seriously, there is very little difference between a "dedicated" handheld and making a PS4 variant.

It would have the entire PS4 library at it's disposal. That's the difference.

It's okay for you to want it, it just doesn't make much sense 

Around the Network
RJ_Sizzle said:

It would have the entire PS4 library at it's disposal. That's the difference.

A PS4 on the go makes more sense than anything. But, I'm fine with it being a home console, and the tech may not be quite there yet. It would be something to look into given the success of the Switch in Japan. There's only two things holding it back... It would rely on digital and would likely change format. Plus storage would be an issue as the drive would likely be smaller as well. Moving your current library over probably wouldn't be an option w/discs.

RJ_Sizzle said:

A PS4 on the go makes more sense than anything. But, I'm fine with it being a home console, and the tech may not be quite there yet. It would be something to look into given the success of the Switch in Japan. There's only two things holding it back... It would rely on digital and would likely change format. Plus storage would be an issue as the drive would likely be smaller as well. Moving your current library over probably wouldn't be an option w/discs.

I'm still not convinced that there are a lot of people playing on the go. How many people actually a second device around and on what occasion?

Perhaps it's better this way. If they plan to do another handheld again in the future, they better be more prepared for it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

ThisGuyFooks said:

I think Nintendo should release a cheaper, non portable Switch BTW.

Your posts before this had me assuming you didn't know what you were talking about, and this just confirms it. Take away the factor that makes the Switch what it is? Yes, that makes sense.

Around the Network

I was lowkey hoping for a new sony handheld but can't really blame them.

Shocking... :( to be honest, while I love my Vita and other handhelds I have owned, I'm more into console and pc gaming so I'm perfectly fine with them abandoning that market to focus on PS4, 5 or whatever they are planning to release in the future.

Right now a new portable would be a suicide, but if they can keep on selling PSV1 without using too many resources, they should do it, to not lose the place they still have in the portable market, as little as it can be it still manages to bring them third party support.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

After all this time I'm actually pretty interested in buying the original Vita. Having access to PS1 and PSP games as well as some JRPG gems is more and more appealing to me.

I hope they keep supporting it awhile longer (support meaning the few and far between releases of some niche games), and don't end their support of it's online functionality for a couple years.

Yeah, but maybe they're making a PSP2...checkmate atheists