By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says No to Ps Vita 2

FallingTitan said:
Nintendo must be so happy. No more competition in the hand held market.

Hope this means they dont cost cut on the next generation 3ds since now they dont have to compete with anything.

like make a 1080p screen now 720p to save 10 cents a glass.

Perhaps not in the handheld market but Nintendo still has competition: it's called PlayStation, XBox, PC, and any other product that can play games.

Around the Network

The only system to fail harder was the wii u. The switch is really the spiritual successor to the vita.

I don´t support Sony´s consoles but I don´t want them to give up on the handheld market :/ I almost buy a Vita when Cyber Sleuth released (I´m a huge Digimon fan) and I even have a list of all the Vita games I want and there´s a lot ( I do this with every console I´m interest in). But I don´t have the money to support it, maybe in the future :(

Ljink96 said:
Warjuning said:
Well, that makes sense. The Playstation 4 is printing money right now, so they are focusing on completely supporting it.

True, but you should never become complacent in this industry just because your device is all the rage. Nintendo learned this the hard way with the Wii. You have to stay on top of industry trends. Japan is a huge gaming market, if you lose them (which Sony is well on the way to doing if they haven't already) that's a huge chunk of the market gone.  They'll dominate the classic home console market as we know it but the industry is always changing.

Japan is not as big as it used to be. Even Japanese devs bow cater to western audiences rather than the Japanese market. It's huge for handheld though. And the industry may be changing but the one constant has always been console gaming.

Agente42 said:
FallingTitan said:
Nintendo must be so happy. No more competition in the hand held market.

Hope this means they dont cost cut on the next generation 3ds since now they dont have to compete with anything.

like make a 1080p screen now 720p to save 10 cents a glass.

Disagree. Nintendo crush the Sony handheld two times. In dedicaded portable market, Nintendo never lose. Atari, Sega, Bandai, Sony all lose for Nintendo.

Which is funny because now Nintendo would be happy to do PSP numbers.

Around the Network

Handheld is pointless for Sony. Better focus on what is doing well for them which is home consoles.

they will make a hybrid...

PS-Dock

you can play on the go and on home using the same console.. similar to ps4-vita combo....

basically there will be a dock that is connected to your TV and when you get home you will just attach it and poof* it will be on your 4k screen...

handheld = 1080p
docked = 4k

both run at least 60 fps...

in seriousness
mmm i wonder if it will be a success if they do that....

Best they say no before everyone else does. Another dedicated Sony handheld is the worst thing they can do. A PS4 portable on the other hand would be cool. I'd buy it.

RJ_Sizzle said:

Best they say no before everyone else does. Another dedicated Sony handheld is the worst thing they can do. A PS4 portable on the other hand would be cool. I'd buy it.

That's literally what Sony wanted the PSP and PS Vita to be ... 

Seriously, there is very little difference between a "dedicated" handheld and making a PS4 variant.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

That's literally what Sony wanted the PSP and PS Vita to be ... 

Seriously, there is very little difference between a "dedicated" handheld and making a PS4 variant.

It would have the entire PS4 library at it's disposal. That's the difference.