By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - USFII Outsold MCI in its first week UK

Capcom is in the closet. No wonder they constantly underperform on other platforms!

"Ohhh, let me try a little bit more of that SWITCH"

"Hmmm, i'm going to have to take one more test with that ... Swiiiiitch"

"Let me try out that Swiiitch a bittt.....Mhmmm"

"Oh wait, no Switcho bro! I'm just TRYING the Switch!"

Around the Network

I lay the blame (mostly) on Marvel for crippling the roster. I like the Marvel characters included, but I understand many just have a raging boner for mutants only. Capcom didn't help matters any with relatively cheap-looking visuals, charging I think $6 per 'DLC' character, and ultimately pissing off the trigger-happy FGC - the biggest chunk of their audience - by saying fighting game characters are at their core just a set of mechanics (in an attempt to damage control their inability to include fan-favorites). I think many are not only skipping out but also hedging their bets and team-fighter dreams on Dragonball FighterZ...making it very likely to disappoint, unfortunatey.

Capcom doesn't seem to know what it should be doing these days, and Marvel is absolutely falling apart outside their movie and Netflix presence.

fleischr said:

Capcom looking for excuses  not to support Switch

The girl looks good.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

CGI-Quality said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Underperformed, like most of their games. Capcom will soon go the way of the Dodo. 

Because something underperformed doesn't make it a waste. 

Companies invest money to make more money, so if it underperformed it was a waste of investment. It's not rocket science. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

CGI-Quality said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Companies invest money to make more money, so if it underperformed it was a waste of investment. It's not rocket science. 

It isn't rocket science. Neither is a quick Google search. RE7 recouped its development costs, and if you weren't so busy trying to be condescending, this would have taken two minutes of your time.

To add, Capcom very likely expected RE VII to perform similiar to 6, which is unrealistic as hell since that was the peak of the franchise.

Underperform /=/ bad or unprofitable

Edit: I should check numbers before doing this

6 wasnt the peak, but it was still very high compared to the rest of the franchise.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

Why are people turning this into a ps4 vs switch fight? Both this and SFV have had bad results because of capcom's flaws.

I would get the point if these were well recieved games, but you can't expect people to buy stuff that isn't worth the money

Darashiva said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Capcom has been doing very shady things with their fighting games since last generation. MvsC3 had a lot of problems at launch (mostly balancing issues) that were solved in the Ultimate version of that game, and not in the vanilla. Ultimate MvC3 also had a ton of DLC even though it was supposed to be the ultimate version. SFxTekken had that infamous on-disk DLC (not to mention joke Megaman), which again, enfuriated consumers. SF IV had two upgrades: Super SFIV and Ultra SFIV, which didn't make things better. Street Fighter V launch was a disaster due to lack of content at release, and to this day it's still feeling that mistake. Ultra Street Fighter II was announced to the Switch for around 40€, more or less a port of the XBox Arcade version of SFII, and Capcom said it was "a test" to see the potential the Switch had. And after the port sold quite well, surprising even Capcom itself, it turns out that Street Fighter Anniversary Collection is coming for everything BUT the Switch. And now, MvsC Infinite, once again, launches with almost 30€ of Season Pass right off the bat, with a subpar presentation and Marvel/Disney interfearence all over it.

Not to mention all of the problems Capcom has caused OUTSIDE of their fighting games.

After all of these, you can imagine why people are happy about MvsC I flopping as it is. Sad as it is, Capcom doesn't look like it's learning, so it's a good thing customers are showing them the results of their decisions.

I'm not defending Capcom in this at all. Their practices in recent years have been just as bad as WB's or Activision's, I'm just saying that MvsC I selling worse than the SF2 port could lead to an even worse situation regarding the future of their fighting game franchises.

Well, I wouldn't mind HD remasters of some of their older fighting games myself, but I am worried they'd fuck even that up.

VGPolyglot said:
Darashiva said:

I'm not defending Capcom in this at all. Their practices in recent years have been just as bad as WB's or Activision's, I'm just saying that MvsC I selling worse than the SF2 port could lead to an even worse situation regarding the future of their fighting game franchises.

Well, I wouldn't mind HD remasters of some of their older fighting games myself, but I am worried they'd fuck even that up.

Well, there isn't anything inherently wrong about doing HD remasters, but it shouldn't be done at the cost of new games. It's a good way to preserve an older title that may not otherwise even be available on modern platforms, but I also don't want them to start taking precedence over brand new games.

Capcom said people don't remember the X-men unfortunately it seems that they also forgot to buy the game.

CGI-Quality said:
Alkibiádēs said:

It isn't rocket science. Neither is a quick Google search. RE7 recouped its development costs, and if you weren't so busy trying to be condescending, this would have taken two minutes of your time.

It underperformed to their own expectations. Recouping development costs means little. Companies want to make profit, and a lot of it at that. 

Capcom's games are bombing left and right and selling less and less with each sequel.

This would have taken you one second to figure out if you actually read Capcom's financial reports.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides