By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - USFII Outsold MCI in its first week UK

GhaudePhaede010 said:
When people say, "if you buy this game, more games will come" I will look at them and now say, "Monster Hunter always performed on Nintendo consoles and the next game is coming out for everything but Nintendo consoles and three straight Capcom titles have under performed and yet they are still making PS4 games."

Seriously, can anyone defend Capcom making PS4 games at this point? If this were Switch, people would be saying Capcom will never make another title for Switch again.

Yes sony financially supported SFV and I am sure they helped with MH aswell, Capcom just want that Sony does with MH like what they did with FFVII, make it look like something amazing and make the franchise sell in the West.

Around the Network
STARLEZZ said:

Even Monster Hunter it's milked, and World is a betrayal to their userbase, which is Nintendo mostly

What? the facts don't support your view, the first games Monste Hunter and MH2 released on PS2 also

The biggest selling MH game ever was on the PSP and that outsold in Japan by itself what any MH game sold worldwide on any nintendo platform

I do not know what is more surprising. Street Fighter 2 is selling well at $40 20 years late, A MvC bombing, or a Switch port selling well enough to beat a brand new PS4 game in the UK......

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

This is just chapter 1246 of Capcom screwing things up. I just hope they get Monster Hunter World right, other than that: fuck 'm.

CGI-Quality said:
Alkibiádēs said:
Should have done more tests on PS4 and Xbox One before wasting so much money on big projects (MvC: I, SF V, Dead Rising 4, Resident Evil VII)

Hardly a waste.

Underperformed, like most of their games. Capcom will soon go the way of the Dodo. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network

Many are still forgetting that Nostalgia played a big part for USFII.

The last SF on a Nintendo System was SSFIV 3D and before of that nothing much.

Darwinianevolution said:
Darashiva said:

I'm not defending Capcom in this at all. Their practices in recent years have been just as bad as WB's or Activision's, I'm just saying that MvsC I selling worse than the SF2 port could lead to an even worse situation regarding the future of their fighting game franchises.

Yeah, but what else we could do at this point? Vocal criticism is useless, if it worked, we would have solved this problem by now. The only thing that seems to make them think their action twice is through the sales numbers. If we buy the game we are still paying for a game that has a ton of awful practices behind it, and if we don't buy it, we hurt a potentially good game and franchise (and even then, Capcom might blame the game for the low sales, instead of the bad bussiness model, like they have been doing since last gen). There's no perfect choice or outcome.

That's the problem with buying some of their games from a certain genre but not others I suppose. People bought a lot more SF2 than the new MvsC, so Capcom might think that their customers no longer care about the latter series. That's always the issue with voting with ones wallet. I understand it, and I've done it myself as well, but if you do it with a series you're a fan of, it could mean that there will be no more games made for that particular series.

For example, I've completely stopped preordering any video games or consoles, because the practice is in my opinion massively flawed in its current state and only encourages publishers to gate content by making them available only by preordering the game. I think that the most effective way a customer can influence the video game industry is by not giving money to publishers who do stuff like what Capcom is doing, since most will only begin to listen when their profits are in danger. Unfortunately, when you do so you need to also accept that there's a certain risk involved as well. 

Capcom: "The Switch needs another test."

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Also, in recent years, many capcom games performed better like franchises such as xenoblade or fire emblem.

Alkibiádēs said:
CGI-Quality said:

Hardly a waste.

Underperformed, like most of their games. Capcom will soon go the way of the Dodo. 

And then someone buys it up from the ashes. Perhaps Nintendo. The re-releases of old games that never graced a Nintendo console alone would make it profitable. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?