By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is All Not Well at CD Projekt Red? (update CD project responded)

All CDPR devs deserve a bonus for making Witcher 3.

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
Ruler said:

Yeah of course its wrong because its coming from me right?

Yong gave evidance that these reviews are real, they all said the same thing troughout a time span of 2 years And most of these reviews mentioned that there is a vegetarian cantine, which is highly unlikley to be mentiioned by some random trolls all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBuoexbVEFE#t=15m56s

"some random troll" could have easily copied bullet points from the other reviews to make his own seem more believable

and the statement is "wrong", because these few glassdoor reviews (as I said) can't be considered conclusive evidence - this has nothing to do with any opinion I might or might not hold concerning your person and that you believe so feels whiny to me

really?

VGPolyglot said:
Pemalite said:
But they love and respect consumers. So it balances out.

That's unfortunately how it works in this economy, squeezing out the workers so that they can compete against other companies who also squeeze out their workers.

Just how I felt when reading sme of the critics, most complaining about working conditions and low pay.

It's a shame that the industry is that way, countries which have better employee protections (especially concerning crunch times) and higher salaries don't have many game studios, if any at all, and that's probably the reason why - they just can't do these shenenigans there.

I'm not surprised the CD Projekt Red is a terrible place to work at ...

Employees aren't supposed to have fun but the least they could do is guarantee them in top condition since it could affect the quality of the work they do ...

fatslob-:O said:
I'm not surprised the CD Projekt Red is a terrible place to work at ...

Employees aren't supposed to have fun but the least they could do is guarantee them in top condition since it could affect the quality of the work they do ...

Evidently not since the Witcher 3 is still the best rpg on 8th gen consoles to date in my opinion. It also has a great metascore so you can treat your employees like shit and still produce very good games. Whether a CEO of a gaming company should want that is an entirely different story. A company should treat their employees with respect and provide a good environment to work in. But sadly those places are rare in the gaming industry. Insomniac takes care of their employees rather well.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

I skimmed through it, but wasn't all reviews basically pre 2016. Nothing new?

I did get contacted once by a HR person at CDPR and if I was interested in a job there, they wanted me to apply for a lesser role/salary that I was already doing. Have to admit that didn't give me much confidence in them and travelling abroad to work there, so I turned down the opportunity for interview.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

I guess many of those problems are quite common, once a dev becomes big and important, late Autumn deadlines and all the bad that necessarily follows them, become almost unavoidable, probably only very large publishers with more than one dev team, and each team with plenty of people, on each most important franchise, can give some more rest and less stress to developers. And shit can happen in those cases too, just see what happened between Activision and West and Zampella.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Do people not know they also own and run GoG? Doesn't seem like it to some of the comments in this thread.

PEEPer0nni said:

That's what happens when you're depent on ONE big project each time that costs more money that you probably have as a company. The bad management is no surprise either. They were a small company that went so big in such a little amount of time. Their CEO is probably an old close-minded post-communist aashole who thinks that he's a god and doesn't listen to his employees without understanding that diversity of thought is very important in an international enviroment.

"As CD PROJEKT RED, we strongly believe this is not the way it should work and, with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we have decided to do it differently. Cutting to the chase, everyone who buys Wild Hunt will receive 16 specially prepared DLCs absolutely for free, regardless of platform. You don’t have to pre-order, you don’t have to buy any special edition to get them — if you own a copy of Wild Hunt, they’re yours. This is our way of saying thank you for buying our game.” -Marcin Iwiński, co-founder and Joint CEO of CD PROJEKT RED

what an asshole amirite

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

All I care about is that they make good games. Anyone at CDPR is free to find a different job if they don't like working there. Of, if they think they can do a better job managing, they're free to start their own studio.