By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 11th - 17th Sept 2017

outlawauron said:
TruckOSaurus said:
  • Switch – 44,052 (45,439) -3.05%
  • PlayStation 4 – 24,660 (29,482) -16.36%
  • 3DS – 21,565 (21,139) + 2.02%
  • PlayStation Vita – 3,847 (3,913) - 1.69%
  • PlayStation 3 – 99 (115) - 13.91%
  • Wii U – 86 (90) - 4.44%
  • Xbox One – 57 (63) -9.52%
  • I didn't pay close attention last week. Did anyone explain why PS4 Pro doubled in sales last week? It went back to its normal ~5k levels this week.

Nothing official but there were guesses from some users:

ZODIARKrebirth said:
    wow, ps4 pro sales increased more than 100% from last week...seems people who purchased destiny 2 upgraded to the pro

NoCtiS_NoX said:

As for PS4 Great Boost for the Pro. New Colors so I guess we can see a base line of 18-20K for the whole September until GT sports.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
    NoCtiS_NoX said:
    StarDoor said:

Don't know about PS4, but Switch is 1,667,527 according to Media Create. I'd assume PS4 is around 5.3 million.

I see thanks for the info. 
    Switch will sell 2.5 -3 Million at the end of 2017
    I can see PS4 selling 5.7 - 6  Million at the end of 2017.

2.5mil is a lock. 3mil is the floor of nimtendo has stock. Shame it could of been 5mil+ possibly 6mil if there were no shortages. Ps4 seems correct. I say another 600k is possible

Soundwave said:
    25k-ish is not a "good baseline" for a console, I'm sorry that's just massively lowered expectations.

Even Switch's baseline in the 40s is not ideal, 3DS was in the 60ks at this point concurrently in its life cycle.

That's very much a normal baseline for a home console in Japan if you're not called a PS2.

Soundwave said:
    25k-ish is not a "good baseline" for a console, I'm sorry that's just massively lowered expectations.

Even Switch's baseline in the 40s is not ideal, 3DS was in the 60ks at this point concurrently in its life cycle.

The only "baseline" we've seen for the Switch is Nintendo's shipment baseline. Weekly sales have been all over the place since launch. It's still regularly sold out in Japan.

@outlawauron

Glacier white ps4 pro including destiny was released in the week before the last week...

Around the Network
    the_dengle said:
    Soundwave said:

The only "baseline" we've seen for the Switch is Nintendo's shipment baseline. Weekly sales have been all over the place since launch. It's still regularly sold out in Japan.

Not to mention that 3DS needed a price cut to average 60K weekly.

Player2 said:
    the_dengle said:

In fairness, the 3DS was putting up 55-60k+ a week without a big game released. Switch has Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart, 3DS wouldn't get Mario 3D Land until the first week of November 2011. 

Switch beating the 3DS in Japan is not a given. 

Boutros said:
    Soundwave said:

That's very much a normal baseline for a home console in Japan if you're not called a PS2.

Which shows the console industry has gone to shit there. 5 million after 4 years is pathetic performance, the Vita even sold 5 million. 

Soundwave said:
    Player2 said:

In fairness, the 3DS was putting up 55-60k+ a week without a big game released. Switch has Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart, 3DS wouldn't get Mario 3D Land until the first week of November 2011. 

Also in fairness, 3DS cost half as much (15,000 yen versus 30,000 yen) and had no supply issues at all, because Nintendo made so many of them. If Switch weren't supply constrained, it could be consecutively selling 80k per week, as we've seen in previous Media Create threads.

the_dengle said:
    Soundwave said:

Exatly.

Soundwave said:
    Player2 said:

Fact that 3DS had around 55k weekly sales without big game releases (maybe it didnt had big games but did had huge price drop few weeks earlier), and fact that Switch has Splatoon 2 and MK8D, doesn't mean nothing when Switch is reagulary sold out evre week from launch (even when we had 80-100k weeks), so we still dont know what sales would be if Switch is regularly available (its not hard to imagine they would probably be 70k+).