By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Be Honest: Why Do You Think Switch is a Sales Success Right Now?

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:
It is a success because Rol predicted it'd be a success. I should never have doubted Rol.

Miguel_Zorro said:
It's a success because the people of the world saw the posts of the Nintendo fans of VGChartz, and it influenced them to buy Nintendo.

You two must be in the same chat right now.

Yes, I talk to Miguel, if that's what you're wondering.

Around the Network

Quality first party and a great on the go and home experience.

VGPolyglot said:
RolStoppable said:

You two must be in the same chat right now.

Yes, I talk to Miguel, if that's what you're wondering.

I wouldn't call it talking.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

GhaudePhaede010 said:
The_Yoda said:
I didn't realize you were looking for something so narrow and i can't speak for the market but 1 thing sold me and that was Zelda. It took me from a "let's wait and see what happens with this console" to hitting Amazon for a pre-order seconds after we saw a proper trailer. I guess my narrow answer would be the software. I really was planning on waiting for a price drop or good bundle deal before buying this system but that Fu*&ing Zelda forced open my wallet.

Well, it is not really narrow. I want and embrace every answer but like I was saying, I just want to know which one of the laundry list of answers that you feel are contributors do you feel is the most important. Really, there is not wrong answer I guess and I want all your answers on top of your biggest reason. It is interesting to learn about how the community feels about Switch, its success, and the contributing factors to said success.

Like Zelda...  all they need are two or three must own games and there will be no question.  We all know it will happen... the only matter is when.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

I believe it's the games first and foremost and the fact that you can play it with a pro controller and on the go is not a gimmick but a great thing for those of us that commute to work and work long hours and some times miss our breaks and then when we get a chance can get some play time in

Around the Network

I think there's been enough joke posts in the thread, so I'll just post an honest answer.

I feel the best reasons why the system is succeccful because it's a great piece of hardware that can be both a console and a portable which makes it appealing, is having an excellent 1st year in terms of software, and... yeah, that's pretty much it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

It's because they finally embraced Nintendoom.

The prophecies were true, just misinterpreted.

A good concept and a good execution of said concept. The Wii had this, the Wii U not only didn't have this, but was also a dumpster fire on top of that.

Third-parties are starting to take notice because Nintendo actually created a well thought-out and marketable piece of hardware. The origin of the Switch's sales is not third-parties, that is only one of the catalysts.

Easy, it's a success so far since Nintendo is trying to capitalize on being a 'high end' brand concept like Apple is for their iPhone line ...

I'm still concerned about the price since younger audiences and the developing industrialized countries will be locked out for a long time and there won't be as many opportunities for revisions to give incentives for existing customers to double dip plus the strength of their IP remains uncertain ...

I think it is too soon to call it a success. But, it certainly has had a hot start. I attribute that partly to Zelda, and mostly to it being an extremely good portable system, that happens to work on the big screen too.