By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Oceanhorn sold more copies on Switch than on all other consoles combined

Yomieeee said:
Zoombael said:
Oceanwhat?

How much did it sell on other consoles? What other consoles? 2 copies on PS4, 2 copies on Vita? 5 on NS? Great. Conglatulations.

Did this news upset you?

These things upset a lot of people.

Around the Network

Well for one a lot of Indie games are perfect for Handheld mode and that is one major appeal of the system. The other is being a complete lack of games overall for the Switch. That will change in the future so lets see how the Indie games hold up there.

As for the complaint of some Indie games costing more on Switch. The portability is a luxury that other consoles don't have. Why would you play indie games on a big screen TV over some of the amazing must play AAA's? At least that's my perspective on it.

This is becoming a trend, first it was Forma 8, then Wonder Boy, now Oceanhorn, all selling better than all other systems combined even though it's only a 5 mil system compared to 150+ mil (PS4 + XB1 + PC), colour me surprised 

Great news for the Switch and this title! I might have to look into this game (which I have never heard of before to be honest)

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Nintendo like game sell best on Nintendo systems.

More news at 11!

Now if only stupid Capcom realized this and sell us the Mega Man Legacy Collection and Disney Afternoon Collection.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Zoombael said:
Oceanwhat?

How much did it sell on other consoles? What other consoles? 2 copies on PS4, 2 copies on Vita? 5 on NS? Great. Conglatulations.

It was actually 10 on PS4, 8 on Vita and 20 on NS.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

killeryoshis said:

That might be true, but I get the feeling the Switch at least has a much wider appeal that appears to be growing 

Rab said:
killeryoshis said:

That might be true, but I get the feeling the Switch at least has a much wider appeal that appears to be growing 

Well I never said that only Nintendo-like games can sell. I wouldn't be surpirsed if more type of games sell.  Like Skyrim. Or even a Call of Duty game.  I think GTA will sell too.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Ganoncrotch said:
90m X1's and PS4's... not to mention the PC, but games are selling more on a System with 5million users?
I'm confused as to how this can be true.

For games that will sell at most 50-100k lifetime, why does the size of the userbase matter?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.