By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How do you de-stress or cheer yourself up?

Why not just hang outside? Meet some new people. Go for some Starbucks. If you're single, try online dating. Especially asian dating sites. Some very friendly people there.

Staying home all the time can make you depressing. That's what I found out about myself. So at least once a week, I try to go out somewhere. Be it coffee or a restaurant. And I look for ways to chat to people. I hope this helps you. I've been in a similar situation.

Around the Network
Rab said:

Did he dieded

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Usually I'll kick back and watch some youtube (a fan of documentaries in particular, they seem to have a chill, calming affect for me a lot of times), listen to some music I like, sit outside with a cigar (though I've been trying to cut back on that lately), drink (see previous lol), go for a walk or jog, workout, play a mindless/relaxing video game, read, listen to an audiobook

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Play video games, debate with people (I know it's odd), read books and sex/masturbate.

Aeolus451 said:

Play video games, debate with people (I know it's odd), read books and sex/masturbate.

For me, debating with people on here can make me depressed.

Around the Network
m0ney said:
Rab said:

Did he dieded

No he lived like he never lived before, mountain biking (MTB) is an amazing sport, it's hard to explain the joy you get out of it, you just have to do it  

VGPolyglot said:
Aeolus451 said:

Hmm. I guess it's depends on why you debate and what your goal is with debating with people. I can understand that reaction to it though. 

Aeolus451 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Hmm. I guess it's depends on why you debate and what your goal is with debating with people. I can understand that reaction to it though. 

I debate people because I'm emotionally invested in the issues at hand.

VGPolyglot said:
Aeolus451 said:

That makes a lot of sense then with why you get depressed. Do you get any entertainment from it or sense of fullfilment from it? I debate because it's entertaining and mentally stimulating for me regardless if I care about the topic alot or if I'm just in a debate because I think that I'm right on something. 

Aeolus451 said:
VGPolyglot said:

That makes a lot of sense then with why you get depressed. Do you get any entertainment from it or sense of fullfilment from it? I debate because it's entertaining and mentally stimulating for me regardless if I care about the topic alot or if I'm just in a debate because I think that I'm right on something. 

You have tapped into your inner Vulcan