By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Player count between PS4 and PC

I'm interested to see how Destiny 2 will fare on PC. I think they are shooting themselves in the foot by delaying the PC release. Probably half of the people that would have otherwise bought on PC will already be playing on console. Considering the nature of Destiny, it is extremely important to have a strong playerbase, even for PvE in some cases. I wonder if the delay will do serious, long-term harm to its success on PC.

Around the Network
VAMatt said:
I'm interested to see how Destiny 2 will fare on PC. I think they are shooting themselves in the foot by delaying the PC release. Probably half of the people that would have otherwise bought on PC will already be playing on console. Considering the nature of Destiny, it is extremely important to have a strong playerbase, even for PvE in some cases. I wonder if the delay will do serious, long-term harm to its success on PC.

Well more people will pass with the whole lootbox failure.

archer9234 said:
VAMatt said:

Yeah, i heard about that issue from Jim and it's honestly put me off wanting to buy into it. That and the exclusive content is a put off for me as well.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
archer9234 said:

Yeah, i heard about that issue from Jim and it's honestly put me off wanting to buy into it. That and the exclusive content is a put off for me as well.

There is no "lootbox failure".  It hasn't impacted the game in any way whatsoever, from what I can see.  

Cant find a bf1 game on pc? You must live in the subsaharan africa with filters set to local play only op xD

It's literally 1 of the most played fps on pc

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Lawlight said:

I think there are less variety in PC shooters than on the PS4.

This is absurd. Can you please explain this to me?

Lawlight said:
Arena shooters - so much variety. I think there's a very good reason they died out. I'm still waiting for another MP like Uncharted. I would have said the same about TLoU but PUBG seems to have copied its formula. Not sure about other shooters like Killzone though.

Arena shooters have died out because the market has evolved and moved beyond those games. There's no real audience for the likes of Quake or Lawbreakers right now because the popularity of PUBG, Overwatch and CSGO has sky rocketed. That's where a) the money is and b) peoples friends are.

Lawlight said:

No, PUBG copied The Last of Us. 

Have you ever heard of a little game called Arma 2?

Think of the shooters on PC - it's easy to classify them or to replace them with an equivalent on console. But my good man, MP shooters like Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance - truly fantastic with no equivalent on PC. These games are so much fun.

We agree on the 2nd point.

Arma 2 - looked it and it looks like a military shooter to me like SOCOM. I am talking about the looting, crafting, stealth part. PUBG looks like they took the concept of TLoU's MP and expanded it to include my elements.

Lawlight said:

Think of the shooters on PC - it's easy to classify them or to replace them with an equivalent on console. But my good man, MP shooters like Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance - truly fantastic with no equivalent on PC. These games are so much fun.

You keep making this false assertion that has already been proven to be factually incorrect.
PC had shooters like those games before those games released, we have already proven that already in this thread.

Lawlight said:

Arma 2 - looked it and it looks like a military shooter to me like SOCOM. I am talking about the looting, crafting, stealth part. PUBG looks like they took the concept of TLoU's MP and expanded it to include my elements.

Er. You are sort of correct. Arma is a military shooter.
But you are ignoring the mods. Mods that spawned entire games like DayZ.

The whole looting/crafting/stealth FPS part is basically Elder Scrolls with a different theme.
Or maybe... Just maybe. Borderlands perhaps? ;)

setsunatenshi said:
Cant find a bf1 game on pc? You must live in the subsaharan africa with filters set to local play only op xD

It's literally 1 of the most played fps on pc

I can tell you from first hand experience there are plenty of Battlefield 1 servers in Africa, I am in Oceania and often get lower pings to there than the USA.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Lawlight said:

"Think of the shooters on PC - it's easy to classify them or to replace them with an equivalent on console. But my good man, MP shooters like Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance - truly fantastic with no equivalent on PC. These games are so much fun."

No it's not? Counter Strike GO? What's the equivalent of that? PUBG? Oh uh ... I guess Xbox is getting that ... monthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs down the line. What's the Xbox's equivalent of Dirty Bomb? Day of Infamy? Insurgency? Arma? Honestly, and I say this as someone who got super into gaming with a 360, even games like Overwatch and Rainbow Six Siege are completely different on PC then on a console - and in an only positive way. Hell, Battlefield on consoles couldn't even come close to replicating it's PC counterpart until this generation, and even then it's very clear they're holding back features because of the console crowd..

"But my good man, MP shooters like Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance - truly fantastic with no equivalent on PC. These games are so much fun."

You chose one franchise that is known for it's singleplayer and two franchises that are completely dead? Are you trolling us right now : P ? 

"Arma 2 - looked it and it looks like a military shooter to me like SOCOM. I am talking about the looting, crafting, stealth part. PUBG looks like they took the concept of TLoU's MP and expanded it to include my elements."

You kidding me dude? Arma 2 is a military simulator, Socom is just a tactical shooter. PUBG doesn't have crafting, it doesn't have Zombies, it's an open world game. It's basically streamlining the Arma 2 mod Day Z, which has existed since 2012 and reached 1 million players in 4 month. It's a battle arena with a big wide open map. As someone who's played The Last of US MP and thought it was really good, it's almost nothing like it. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Lawlight said:

"Think of the shooters on PC - it's easy to classify them or to replace them with an equivalent on console. But my good man, MP shooters like Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance - truly fantastic with no equivalent on PC. These games are so much fun."

No it's not? Counter Strike GO? What's the equivalent of that? PUBG? Oh uh ... I guess Xbox is getting that ... monthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs down the line. What's the Xbox's equivalent of Dirty Bomb? Day of Infamy? Insurgency? Arma? Honestly, and I say this as someone who got super into gaming with a 360, even games like Overwatch and Rainbow Six Siege are completely different on PC then on a console - and in an only positive way. Hell, Battlefield on consoles couldn't even come close to replicating it's PC counterpart until this generation, and even then it's very clear they're holding back features because of the console crowd..

"But my good man, MP shooters like Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance - truly fantastic with no equivalent on PC. These games are so much fun."

You chose one franchise that is known for it's singleplayer and two franchises that are completely dead? Are you trolling us right now : P ? 

"Arma 2 - looked it and it looks like a military shooter to me like SOCOM. I am talking about the looting, crafting, stealth part. PUBG looks like they took the concept of TLoU's MP and expanded it to include my elements."

You kidding me dude? Arma 2 is a military simulator, Socom is just a tactical shooter. PUBG doesn't have crafting, it doesn't have Zombies, it's an open world game. It's basically streamlining the Arma 2 mod Day Z, which has existed since 2012 and reached 1 million players in 4 month. It's a battle arena with a big wide open map. As someone who's played The Last of US MP and thought it was really good, it's almost nothing like it. 

Rainbox Siege 6? Even TLoU is a tactical shooter. And I never heard of the other games you mentioned.

Is it Uncharted's fault that it has some of best singleplayer campaigns out there? It excels at both SP and MP. Just like the other games mentioned. Just because the devs wanted to do something different doesn't change anything to the fact there's nothing like them on there.

And Arma 2 is a military simulator - oh :(

Lawlight said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Rainbox Siege 6? Even TLoU is a tactical shooter. And I never heard of the other games you mentioned.

Is it Uncharted's fault that it has some of best singleplayer campaigns out there? It excels at both SP and MP. Just like the other games mentioned. Just because the devs wanted to do something different doesn't change anything to the fact there's nothing like them on there.

And Arma 2 is a military simulator - oh :(

...."Rainbox Siege 6"... you mean Rainbow Six Siege? The Last of Us is not a "tactical shooter". It's a third person shooter that can occasionally require tactics in it's multiplayer. That doesn't make it a tactical shooter. 

It's fine if you haven't heard of the other games(something I doubt very much), but that doesn't make them inconsequential. Counter Strike GO is one of the most popular shooters ever, it's consistently held 500,000 players since 2012. Arma is also one of the most popular "shooter" games on the market currently, it consistently 30k players which is a very healthy playerbase(a lot of which was taken up by PUBG). Keep in mind PUBG will probably be no were close to the million it's at on steam on consoles. I'll admit the other games I listed were more niche, I really enjoy them though and if they were on consoles the player count would be in the hundreds instead of thousands. I can name more if you want?

But you highlighted two dead franchises....