By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Player count between PS4 and PC

As someone who has played console games all my life....Shooters are better on pc. Console shooters just don't match the the same excitement or skill.

Around the Network

There are way more console AAA gamers than PC AAA gamers. If you look at SteamSpy, you will see that most games with a very big player count are F2P or ones that can be played with old/integrated GPUs (Overwatch, CS). The only big exceptions here would be Skyrim (around its launch date it needed a decent GPU), GTA V (even then, an order of magnitude less than on consoles) and PUBG.

I'm not saying that the player count is too low, you can see on SteamSpy that there are good numbers. I'm just pointing out that it is smaller than on PS4. You could say the same thing if playing on X1.

Anyway, the player count for BF1 on PC is high, so I think it's probably a matchmaking issue in your region. I wouldn't recommend getting COD on PC since it is a console-centric game. As for Battlefront 2, I wouldn't recommend getting it at all. If you still do, maybe you should consider the PS4 version since it looks to be the only one that still has a sizeable active player base in the first game. But really, don't buy this game. The first one was a pay 2 win festival after the first (overpriced) DLC packs.

PS.: there are really people that think PUBG looks like TLOU online? For real? The only similar aspect I see here is that both have people with guns.

Here is a nice little article i found that you guys can dig into!
https://mygaming.co.za/news/features/89913-there-are-1-8-billion-gamers-in-the-world-and-pc-gaming-dominates-the-market.html

squibbfire said:
Here is a nice little article i found that you guys can dig into!
https://mygaming.co.za/news/features/89913-there-are-1-8-billion-gamers-in-the-world-and-pc-gaming-dominates-the-market.html

I imagine the same argument that has been used here before, will be used again, in that there are sdefinitely more PC gamers out there, but the vast majority of them somehow don't matter because some roll with a lower spec PC.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"