By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Player count between PS4 and PC

because ps gamers are more dedicated

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Lawlight said:

I think there are less variety in PC shooters than on the PS4.

Also, why would PC users refuse to use a different store?

And how can you prove this?.

Also, didn't take long for you to sully a thread like this, but then again I'm not surprised either. 

Yet only the PC gets this exclusive FPS shooter... I'll give you a hint of what it is.
It starts with "U" and ends in "nreal Tournament"
Clearly there is a market for FPS shooters on PC if we are still getting big budget exclusives.

The PC has more games than on the Playstation 4. Heck. Feel free to add the entire Playstation 3 game library as well. The PC still comes out on top.
More choice, more competition.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Well most games we see sell better on consoles so I'm not much surprised.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I think it varies rather greatly. For instance, when I was younger I played the hell out of shooters online on my PC (Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear/Counterstrike/Battlefield 1942 + Vietnam) because they were just much better than the options on the consoles at the time. Heck, there hardly were any decent options on consoles.

These days though, and I think this is a big influential factor for a lot of people, those shooters are not only on consoles, but the majority of my friends have consoles rather than a decked out PC. In order to play with them I play on the PS4 (Xbox360 last gen), and so I generally play FPS games and the like there. While a mouse and keyboard is the way to go for shooters, the PS4/Xbox controllers are actually great for FPS games as well.

Otherwise, on my PC I play all of those other genres that the PC offers a superior experience on, specifically 4x games, city/colony builders, RTS games, mmo's, grand strategy games, and open world RPG games (the modding community really makes those major open world games faaaar better on a PC).

I suspect other PC gamers have similar reasons... FPS games are more fun with friends, and for a lot of us (if not most of us) the majority of our friends will be on consoles which don't offer a cross-platform experience. Given the difference between the mouse + keyboard and a controller (the former having a big advantage), I doubt we'll ever see cross-platform play as well, so I imagine FPS games will be more common on consoles than most genres.

Ruler said:

Dedicated in what? Playing only a few games because there aren't more to choose from?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
There are way more quality options on PC.

If you love shooters why would you be playing anything but PUBG right now.

Also BF1 uses Origin, there are lots of PC users who refuse to play anything not on Steam.

There are way more quality options and you ask him if he loves shooters why would he be playing but a single game.

Makes lot of sense.

OT: get a PS4 then, or the game there, if you already have one.

It does make a lot of sense, because shooter isn't the only genre that exists in gaming :)

Lawlight said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
There are way more quality options on PC.

If you love shooters why would you be playing anything but PUBG right now.

Also BF1 uses Origin, there are lots of PC users who refuse to play anything not on Steam.

Also, why would PC users refuse to use a different store?

It doesn't benefit me. 99% of my modern games are on steam. Why would I want to waste my time creating more accounts, passwords, storing all that. When it can be in one place. That's it. Just like how MS locks their games to windows 10. Their loss. I'm not using their store or OS. When these games can work on any OS and store front. Nor caring about DX12 as a ploy. I'd rather just buy the game on a console than use their storefront on a PC. I have the ME collection on PS3. And I can play the games without a origin account. I'd rather play BF2 on fan run servers. Than go play BF1.

Lawlight said:
Chazore said:

Also, didn't take long for you to sully a thread like this, but then again I'm not surprised either. 

Looks like you're the one doing the sullying over my opinion.

Mirroring a retort doesn't work that way mate.

You were the one who hopped into the threat makign a claim without giving evidence, that you still have yet to prove as well as calling PC gamers cheaters.

You did that job all by yourself. 

I will ask again, where is your proof that PS4 has more variety in shooters than on PC?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Pemalite said:
Chazore said:

Yet only the PC gets this exclusive FPS shooter... I'll give you a hint of what it is.
It starts with "U" and ends in "nreal Tournament"
Clearly there is a market for FPS shooters on PC if we are still getting big budget exclusives.

The PC has more games than on the Playstation 4. Heck. Feel free to add the entire Playstation 3 game library as well. The PC still comes out on top.
More choice, more competition.

Exactly. Also Quake Champions as well. If you include lawBreakers and Reflex, we've already got 4 new Arena shooters and there are more to be found on Steam in general.

I find the typical "sells more on consoles" to be a poor argument within this thread, as to why there are less players found on a given server (even though some have easily pointed out that there are still more than enough players in those games to find a match).

I see this thread going to shit real fast based, upon the poor excuses and jabs against the platform. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

vivster said:
Ruler said:

Dedicated in what? Playing only a few games because there aren't more to choose from?

I'd play the shit out of TimeSplitters if they ever made a 4th one, I'm still waiting for that though!