By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Player count between PS4 and PC

What's up with the player count on PC, seems like most gamers are playing these games on the PS4. For example: Battlefield 1, there more players playing on the PS4 then PC and it show. I have a hard time finding a match on the PC version.

I'm sure its not all online games, but I'm scare to pick up Battlefront 2 and CoDWW2 on PC. Anyone else notice this?

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
You gonna have a bad time if you ain't playing Overwatch, CS GO or PUBG when it comes to shooter on PC.

???????????????

BF is very popular on PC. Its just a game that more console players adopt because it doesnt have tje competition it has on PC. Paladins and Rainbow Six Siege are also very popular on PC. 

There are way more quality options on PC.

If you love shooters why would you be playing anything but PUBG right now.

Also BF1 uses Origin, there are lots of PC users who refuse to play anything not on Steam.

There are far more online MP based games on PC. I find myself playing BF1, SWBF, PuB, Titanfall 2, Heroes of the Storm, FF XIV and more during different days. I used to play BF1 for around 3 months straight, but the content drought came up and I wasn't going to pay up another £40 for the season pass, so I moved onto other games.

I've had no issues finding matches for BF1, TF2, PuB and Heroes so far.

Also like LudicrousSpeed says, there are people out there who won't buy EA games that are locked to origin, just like there will be people out there who won't buy any games locked to B.net or those that require the use of Uplay (I know, because I'm one of them who won't use Uplay, thus I don't buy into ubisoft titles).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Yeah for certain games you should pick ps4 all day long. They can become ghost towns on pc. To answer your question pc players gravitate towards a different type of game to console players generally speaking.

Look at their top played shooters. They just prefer playing them.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

Also BF1 uses Origin, there are lots of PC users who refuse to play anything not on Steam.

I think there are less variety in PC shooters than on the PS4.

Also, why would PC users refuse to use a different store?

Kerotan said:
Yeah for certain games you should pick ps4 all day long. They can become ghost towns on pc. To answer your question pc players gravitate towards a different type of game to console players generally speaking.

Look at their top played shooters. They just prefer playing them.

Let's not forget cheating in PC games.

Payday 2 has a big fanbase on PC.
I don't want to deal with Origin or Uplay, if they put their game up on Steam, GOG or the Humble Store, without me needing Origin I would probably play more of their games.
This seems to be true of most PC gamers.

LudicrousSpeed said:

PUBG looks good, but I've got a lot of games to play on PS4 at the moment, and I'm personally fine with just waiting for the PS4 version to release. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Suke said:

What's up with the player count on PC, seems like most gamers are playing these games on the PS4. For example: Battlefield 1, there more players playing on the PS4 then PC and it show. I have a hard time finding a match on the PC version.

I'm sure its not all online games, but I'm scare to pick up Battlefront 2 and CoDWW2 on PC. Anyone else notice this?

Because...
Battlefield 1 is not on Steam.

CoD doesn't usually do well on PC, however, they do seem to retain a multiplayer population for a long time... Having sales on 10+ year old games, allowing them to hit the top of the sales charts, helps massively in that aspect.

With that, the main reason being is... PC Gamers like different games, crazy huh? - Especially MOBA's where League of Legends has more gamers playing that one game than any other, even in the console space.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--