By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil: Revelations 1 and 2 will launch for Switch on Nov 28 in the West and Nov 30 in Japan

I'm downloading both, anyway. Swapping cartridges sucks.

Around the Network

Make re4 available on the switch capcpom

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

twintail said:
Nuvendil said:

Revelations 1 was about 8 gigs iirc on Wii U and 360.  Revelations 2 was 18 gigs, all episodes.  That's 26 gigs.  So unless they've included 6 gigs worth of bells and whistles, then they're either being jackasses or cheapskates.  Pick one.

ill pick the "wait and see how big the actual games are on Switch" Maybe 32gb cart is just too expensive for them as well.

Oh please, it wasn't too expensive for Square Enix to put Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2 on.  And if you look at similar consumer electronics, it's clear as day that a 32 GB cart costs $5 absolute MAX and I would bet cash money it costs less.  So yeah, like I said, cheapskates or idiots.  It's going to be one or the other.  I'm betting the latter, cause contemptuous cheapskate practices have thus far been SoP at Capcom with regards to the Switch.

Barkley said:

Nah, Switch cards come in many different sizes.

"Switch game card carts come in a variety of capacities: 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB. At a high level, the bigger the cart the more expensive it is" - eurogamer

Also "the larger game is the one everyone is going have to download." Is likely untrue. I assume the Switch version of RE:R will be based on the PS4/XBO versions, which was 18.6gb, while RE:R2 was only around 6.8gb.

They likely cut down the original to fit on a 16gb card to save money.

+1

Wyrdness said:
spemanig said:

It's probably cheaper to manufacure.

Lest we remember that that matters now.

It's not cheaper to manufacture as the default space is 32GB so the cart that comes with RE:R1 can already hold the second game with out any extra cost, this move literally makes no sense on their part.

You're ignoring facts.

spemanig said:
Insane people complain this much over a download.

Admittadely, it would be nice to have a cart though.

Around the Network

Its not good because one is digital and one in physical format, but I love both games so most likely I will buy them when they are on some kind of sale.

Shikamo said:

The first game will be included on a cartridge, but Resident Evil Revelations 2 is a digital download.

I was thinking: 'Thanks Capcom, this is what I want.'. But then they do this stuff. Why Capcom, why?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Update: Resident Evil: Revelations and Resident Evil: Revelations 2 will launch for Switch on November 28 in the west

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

So glad local co-op is intact in Revelations 2.

They should just offer the games on two cards. Set the price lower than two games. But higher than their original price for one. There's no point in releasing the game physically, if one side is only viable that way. The people who want have the card, want it all the way, not half. This is the same BS Teltale pulled with their recent games. Intill they reissued Mincraft Story Mode s1 with everything.