By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Would you agree on a pre-emptive strike against North Korea?

A pre-emptive strike against North Korea?

Avoid loss of human lives at all costs! 128 28.64%

NK will never use those w... 147 32.89%

We should stop them befor... 71 15.88%

We should stop NK before NK causes a tragedy. 101 22.60%

Total:447
jason1637 said:
Also Kim isnt fat. He's thick.

Thick with fat.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

We don't know for 100% sure whether Kim is a cunning bluffer or a dangerous moron, but sadly what we see seems to tell the worse option by far could be real. I'm sure he'd never attack USA, but he could try horrible things against SK or Japan, as his grampy already did, even if he luckily had no nukes.
The best solution isn't attacking NK, though, it would be that China organised the killing of Kim and a bunch large enough of his less reasonable generals. USA, as powerful as they can be, just can't do it, they haven't enough infiltrators in the country, let alone ones trained for such operation.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Azuren said:
Wyrdness said:

Because if NK nuked Japan, SK and US before being defeated the damage inflicted would impact the economy significantly much like WW2 did as countries don't just recover from that over night. Look at Syria now and imagine Japan and SK like that along with the westcoast of the US.

"Pre-emptive" is the operative term in this thread. With that in mind, how would bombing NK in a way that would rid us of Kim Dong Un cause a collapse in the global economy?

The US for over a decade couldn't assassinate Saddam and had to resort to manufacturing a war to remove him so how are they going to strike at Kim when they don't know where he is in the country he doesn't exactly advertise his location to the west and this is a man expecting trouble to come his way, secondly like any other regime all the leaders aren't going to be in one place, just because you get Kim doesn't mean the fighting stops. US learned this the hard way in Somalia when they thought by taking out the militant leader it would all come to an end instead the hornets nest kept on heating up.

The second that bomb drops on NK both SK and Japan will become bomb sites with in hours.

Wyrdness said:
Azuren said:

"Pre-emptive" is the operative term in this thread. With that in mind, how would bombing NK in a way that would rid us of Kim Dong Un cause a collapse in the global economy?

The US for over a decade couldn't assassinate Saddam and had to resort to manufacturing a war to remove him so how are they going to strike at Kim when they don't know where he is in the country he doesn't exactly advertise his location to the west and this is a man expecting trouble to come his way, secondly like any other regime all the leaders aren't going to be in one place, just because you get Kim doesn't mean the fighting stops. US learned this the hard way in Somalia when they thought by taking out the militant leader it would all come to an end instead the hornets nest kept on heating up.

The second that bomb drops on NK both SK and Japan will become bomb sites with in hours.

So we should sit on our thumbs and wait for the first move. Okay. 

Azuren said:
Wyrdness said:

Because if NK nuked Japan, SK and US before being defeated the damage inflicted would impact the economy significantly much like WW2 did as countries don't just recover from that over night. Look at Syria now and imagine Japan and SK like that along with the westcoast of the US.

South Korea and Japan are huge economies, massive attacks against major cities would cause a collapse of the global economy. Seoul being wiped out is a bigger deal than Lehman Brothers going away. 

There likely would be more Americans killed as well than 9/11 + Pearl Harbor combined, there's are 30,000+ American citizens in South Korea alone, not factoring in large American populations in Japan/Okinawa. 

You are talking about a singular event that would basically be worse than the 2008 financial collapse + 9/11 + Pearl Harbor + the nuclear bombing of Japan in WW2 ... lol ... this no small thing. 

If they could have gotten at Kim Jong Un so easily, I guess my question is why haven't they done it already? They are waiting for ... what exactly? If it was easy to get to him, dude would be dead already. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Azuren said:

South Korea and Japan are huge economies, massive attacks against major cities would cause a collapse of the global economy. Seoul being wiped out is a bigger deal than Lehman Brothers going away. 

There likely would be more Americans killed as well than 9/11 + Pearl Harbor combined, there's are 30,000+ American citizens in South Korea alone, not factoring in large American populations in Japan/Okinawa. 

You are talking about a singular event that would basically be worse than the 2008 financial collapse + 9/11 + Pearl Harbor + the nuclear bombing of Japan in WW2 ... lol ... this no small thing. 

If they could have gotten at Kim Jong Un so easily, I guess my question is why haven't they done it already? They are waiting for ... what exactly? If it was easy to get to him, dude would be dead already. 

And if he's going to bomb them anyway, we're waiting because?...

KLAMarine said:
No, China would object. NK gotta do something stupid enough to make China abandon it.

North Korea is Chinas only ally in that area, US is buddy buddy with Japan and South Korea, China will never abandon NK unless they did a direct strike on US mainland.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Azuren said:
Soundwave said:

And if he's going to bomb them anyway, we're waiting because?...

He won't bomb them anyway because there's a good chance he likes being alive and living like a king.

Once NK got nuclear technology, there was no turning the clock back and that IMO is George W. Bush's fault for pushing them to do this. 

Now you can't really do shit. You can sanction them and that's about it. World community is likely simply going to have to get used to the idea of a nuclear NK. 

At least Obama was proactive with Iran in getting a deal done (all the fucking bozos who argued against that deal ... well gee look at fucking NK ... is that better?). 

Soundwave said:
DonFerrari said:

Where have I said History? I said that the loser is considered the criminal, for that there have to be a trial. You imagined things I didn't said and argueed it.

EU (Europe Union?) ok. Because your nickname having RIo seemed very USA and your position on USA being like the imperialistic overlords is what our left wing does.

And what have secured NK from previous invasions that weren't nuclear weapons? Venezuela or Cuba? Brazil?

You don't need nuclear weapon to avoid being invaded as long as you aren't a dictatorship throwing tantrums.

Several countries without nuclear weapons weren't invaded by USA.

So US is the one bullying NK? ok.

Sorry but deals on this scale is like making deals with terrorist which USA swear they don't do, and deal or no deal they can certainly keep doing research in more seclutive ways.

There is no deal really to be made actually. North Korea has the world community by the balls here. 

There is no realistic military option here. This is at Bush's feet IMO. 

This is also why Obama was extremely smart in negotiating with Iran and getting them to come back from the brink BEFORE getting fucking nuclear weapons, and all those idiots who were screaming "don't negotiate! what a bad leader" ... well enjoy your North Korea problem now.

NK has nukes already, all we can do is try to incentivize them now to stop using them and threatening with them, but you can't exactly do a lot once the regime already gets them. Basically I think the world community is going to have to in effect give NK "respect" and normalize relations with them to whatever extent is possible now. 

The way you put it would make reasonable for Russia to demand 3 Tri USD a year to stop them from nuking USA as a whole because they certainly have nukes and missiles to deliver then anywhere in the USA. There is a reason you don't negotiate with kidnappers or blackmailers.

Lucas-Rio said:
DonFerrari said:

EU (Europe Union?) ok. Because your nickname having RIo seemed very USA and your position on USA being like the imperialistic overlords is what our left wing does.

And what have secured NK from previous invasions that weren't nuclear weapons? Venezuela or Cuba? Brazil?

You don't need nuclear weapon to avoid being invaded as long as you aren't a dictatorship throwing tantrums.

Several countries without nuclear weapons weren't invaded by USA.

So US is the one bullying NK? ok.

The US is bullying a lot of country. Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yugoslavia, Panama, Vietnam, Haiti, Somalia, and now Syria too where it is fighting the ISIS but also trying to attack syrian governement.You also missed Trump threatening Venezuela?

History show that no nuclear country has ever been invaded. History shows that country labelled " axis of evil" by the USA tend to be attacked and destroyed by the US.

The maths are simple, develop nuclear weapons to protect yourself against the USA, or become the possible next victim of US export of "democracy".

PS: in case you did not know Lucario is a the name of a popular pokemon

I know lucario is a pokemon, but Lucas is a brazilian name and Rio a city, so you can understand why the confusion on you being brazilian.

Yes USA have bullied a lot of countries. Nope I didn't miss it, but still venezuela does it weekly and threaten to invade USA every month or so.

History is YET to show it (perhaps), as far as I know the area among the tech republic (and all the variations it had) would have a nuke over there, also Crimea region probably have some as well. I don't know for sure what legacy nukes each ex-URSS region kept.

Yes the math is simple, dictators and the like kill their own people, exploit then and use nukes to negotiate their continued exploitation but by some reason it is better to keep those guys suffering for another 50y than risking war.

Lucas-Rio said:
DonFerrari said:

And what the regime do its people isn't deserving of being considered "axis of evil"?

Last I remember there are people all around the world saying USA is the source of evil. Hugo Chavez and Maduro did and do weekly pronouncements in that regard, most my teachers that were left wing would do the same and I guess this is quite well spread.

Your teacher and Maduro aren't starting war every 5  years though, the US does.

NK is a nationalistic-communist dictatorship but it is acting against a perceived threat. They have US troops at their borders and have seen what happened to Iraq and Libya.

So we shift the goal posts to do that only threatens from USA count, ok.

Have they been acting against a perceived threat for the past 60 years? And aren't they a perceived threat to other countries? And yet SK haven't launched nukes over their sky "to test" their power.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Arminillo said:
KLAMarine said:
No, China would object. NK gotta do something stupid enough to make China abandon it.

North Korea is Chinas only ally in that area, US is buddy buddy with Japan and South Korea, China will never abandon NK unless they did a direct strike on US mainland.

Hard choice between having NK as ally or going full war against USA to defend NK.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."