By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Would you agree on a pre-emptive strike against North Korea?

A pre-emptive strike against North Korea?

Avoid loss of human lives at all costs! 128 28.64%

NK will never use those w... 147 32.89%

We should stop them befor... 71 15.88%

We should stop NK before NK causes a tragedy. 101 22.60%

Total:447
CaptainExplosion said:

Yeah, after reading this, now I can safely say we should launch the strike.

So, someone saying "oh fuck" on Twitter is now justification for launching a strike?

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Soundwave said:

They don't know where his location is and doing such a thing could risk Seoul and potentially parts of Japan being bombed into oblivion. 

What would be left of South Korea wouldn't be pretty. 

Oh and the global economy likely would collapse in a way that would make 2008 seem quaint. Just a few minor details. 

Remind me why the global economy would collapse in the wake of the fall of a secularist country?

Because if NK nuked Japan, SK and US before being defeated the damage inflicted would impact the economy significantly much like WW2 did as countries don't just recover from that over night. Look at Syria now and imagine Japan and SK like that along with the westcoast of the US.

jason1637 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Most countries, as far as I know, don't testfire atomic weaponry at other countries. You're acting like the United States is constantly doing the same thing to Mexico.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_weapon_test_locations

Its not uncommon for countries to test nukes outside their borders.

As far as I know, all of those were on colonies or dependencies though. He has sort of a point here.

OT - no way. The loss of lifes would be tremendous on both sides, even more, I daresay, than a North Korean direct nuclear strike with their current capabilities. Of course, the downside is more countries willing to develop nukes as a deterrent, specially those not aligned with the US; even more so as the axis of global economy shifts away from the western countries and lessens the effects of their embargos and sanctions. Of course, though, no matter what you choose to do, there will be downsides when you talk about war and nukes...

CaptainExplosion said:

Yeah, after reading this, now I can safely say we should launch the strike.

Thats Fake News.

CaptainExplosion said:
jason1637 said:

Thats Fake News.

No, it's not, it's a sign we need to launch the strike.

No its not. If we were to launch a Strike they would launch another strike.

The article is pretty biased and are trying to make it a bigger deal than it actually is. North Korea isnt going ot do shit. FAKE NEWS!

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Azuren said:

Don't need individual people killed. We need everyone around and including Kim to be killed. A blast big enough to level a building; not a country.

You sure no innocents would be around him? Fatso's heartless enough to use babies as human shields.

Unfortunately, the shields he uses will have to die.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Turn them into a sheet of glass.

Azuren said:
CaptainExplosion said:

You sure no innocents would be around him? Fatso's heartless enough to use babies as human shields.

Unfortunately, the shields he uses will have to die.

They don't have to die because we don't have to do it.

Wyrdness said:
Azuren said:

Remind me why the global economy would collapse in the wake of the fall of a secularist country?

Because if NK nuked Japan, SK and US before being defeated the damage inflicted would impact the economy significantly much like WW2 did as countries don't just recover from that over night. Look at Syria now and imagine Japan and SK like that along with the westcoast of the US.

"Pre-emptive" is the operative term in this thread. With that in mind, how would bombing NK in a way that would rid us of Kim Dong Un cause a collapse in the global economy?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Also Kim isnt fat. He's thick.