By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Nintendo makes the video game industry look good

Onyxmeth said:
BornFirst. said:
But y does that matter, its not like nintendo don't have the tech to do it, they chose not to, and the day it does taking it toll on the games sales i am sure nintendo will include it. Are not satisfied with ever the other developers out there who do it? i really don't see ur argument

That's funny because I don't see your argument either. Of course I'm happy with the other developers that do it. Why should I not expect better out of Nintendo? Should they be the exception who can get away with these things? It doesn't matter if Nintendo does or doesn't have the tech to do it since they don't do it at all. The reasons are irrelevant. Actually it's worse that they have the means to do it and still don't.

Also why would I want to wait until Nintendo's sales dropped before they decided to further themselves in these areas? That's how they lost marketshare to first Sega and then massively to Sony. It was their stubborness against change.  

So you are saying nintendo games are not good enough 4 you because all of that extra BS you spew. puh-lease get over your self. My point is there are plenty of companies that provide all of those features you want so got to them, even with out all of those features in their games, they are known as one of the Best developers of today. I am sorry you find reading (in games) so mundane but i actually quite enjoy it, thats not to say i do not like voice acting. The fact of the matter is I am glad Nintendo chose to go a different route than other developers and they still hold on their principles and even now they are reaping their benefits. Sorry its not to your satisfaction but its not like nintendo are the only developer out there.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Around the Network
BornFirst. said:
Onyxmeth said:
BornFirst. said:
But y does that matter, its not like nintendo don't have the tech to do it, they chose not to, and the day it does taking it toll on the games sales i am sure nintendo will include it. Are not satisfied with ever the other developers out there who do it? i really don't see ur argument

That's funny because I don't see your argument either. Of course I'm happy with the other developers that do it. Why should I not expect better out of Nintendo? Should they be the exception who can get away with these things? It doesn't matter if Nintendo does or doesn't have the tech to do it since they don't do it at all. The reasons are irrelevant. Actually it's worse that they have the means to do it and still don't.

Also why would I want to wait until Nintendo's sales dropped before they decided to further themselves in these areas? That's how they lost marketshare to first Sega and then massively to Sony. It was their stubborness against change.

So you are saying nintendo games are not good enough 4 you because all of that extra BS you spew. puh-lease get over your self. My point is there are plenty of companies that provide all of those features you want so got to them, even with out all of those features in their games, they are known as one of the Best developers of today. I am sorry you find reading (in games) so mundane but i actually quite enjoy it, thats not to say i do not like voice acting. The fact of the matter is I am glad Nintendo chose to go a different route than other developers and they still hold on their principles and even now they are reaping their benefits. Sorry its not to your satisfaction but its not like nintendo are the only developer out there.

Actually a portion of Nintendo already does cater to me. Intelligent Systems, the developer of Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, Panel de Pon/Puzzle League and Warioware have all of the polish, bells and whistles of other Nintendo properties with the addition of...(GASP)....stories, and well told ones to boot. So it's not like Nintendo doesn't believe in things like implementing story, it's just that some of their development teams haven't caught up quite yet.

Your point makes no sense. Just because other developers do things the way I would like them does not mean I'm not entitled to an opinion on Nintendo. You haven't even argued against my original point which was Nintendo always either being first or last with everything. You just chose to chew me on my personal tastes which aren't anything a thousand people haven't asked for in the past. If you yourself like voice acting, and agree with me that Nintendo is one of the best developers out there, then I don't know why you wouldn't want them to try their hands at it. They'ed probably do pretty good at it. What you are implying is that voice acting would not help a single Nintendo property at all, only hinder it, otherwise you would undestand my point of wanting it. You know, improvement.

Do you also wish for movies to go back to the days when characters couldn't talk and word boxes would tell the dialogue? Yeah those were fun times. Look how popular it is today. Silent movies are all the rage now. 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

If you agree with this, I am going to officially leave vgchartz.

mM
leo-j said:

Talking with "ZackBlue" leo???

And yes, Ninty always had the "EveryOne" in their minds, most of the FP games are E, and a few Secod Party are not "E" thats part of them...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Well after reading the replies, Ive made my decision.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
If who agrees with what?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
leo-j said:
If who agrees with what?

If any of us agree with this:

But I digress. Some people don't see Nintendo in that light. To some, Nintendo has been and always will be the last stronghold of games for children. But I think that argument is pure rubbish. Are Nintendo games less violent? Sure. Do they appeal more to the kid in you than the soldier in you? Yep. But are they any less fun to play? Of course not.

Nintendo has been able to do something that no other company in the industry is willing nor capable of -- create compelling gameplay for people of all ages without using sports or violence to do it.

Unlike any other developer, Nintendo is carrying the torch as a way to refute all of Jack Thompson's claims and show the world that video games are not the safe haven of violence and antipathy, but the realm of eclectic tastes and entertainment, fitness and education for people of all ages.

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

oh wow i am never going to play a game with any violence in it ever again now, i am also going to trade my PS3 and 360 in to get a Wii and DS.......................................
NOT, heres an idea, stop the bullshit about Nintendo being better than everyone else, for fucks sake, so you like games for people who dont like violence good for you, i like games that are full of violence good for me, stop trying to convert everyone to the church of nintendo, my goodness some people are just as bad as religous fundies, instead of flaming atheists and scientists for not agreeing with your holy texts, your flaming PS3 and 360 owners for not loving nintendo.

Read an article and it stated that it's actually Miyamoto who isn't a fan of stories in games, so as long as he is at the helm of a game you aren't going to see much in the way of a story. Will try to find the article.

FJ-Warez said:
Onyxmeth said:
leo-j said:
If who agrees with what?

If any of us agree with this:

But I digress. Some people don't see Nintendo in that light. To some, Nintendo has been and always will be the last stronghold of games for children. But I think that argument is pure rubbish. Are Nintendo games less violent? Sure. Do they appeal more to the kid in you than the soldier in you? Yep. But are they any less fun to play? Of course not.

Nintendo has been able to do something that no other company in the industry is willing nor capable of -- create compelling gameplay for people of all ages without using sports or violence to do it.

Unlike any other developer, Nintendo is carrying the torch as a way to refute all of Jack Thompson's claims and show the world that video games are not the safe haven of violence and antipathy, but the realm of eclectic tastes and entertainment, fitness and education for people of all ages.

Oh well I don't really agree with the violence part. Regardless of ESRB rating, Nintendo games actually do have violence. Smash, Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, etc. all have violence in them. It's just cartoony violence and lacks blood splatters. So in fact Nintendo does need violence to create compelling gameplay. I think Zelda would lose a lot of it's luster if enemies just surrounded Link and he had no sword or bow to hit them with.