By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How to get more people to join the site?

Are you a lurker?

Yes 82 70.69%

No 34 29.31%

Total:116
GhaudePhaede010 said:
I do not know how you can get more people to join aside from keeping the charts up to date but a way you can keep users such as myself is by adding an ignore user feature (if it does not already exist). There are two people I would prefer to never see any posts from ever again and I avoid using this site from time to time simply to avoid seeing said users. Not that they bully me or anything, just that I prefer not to have to actively remember who I am ignoring so I do not respond by accident.

There is an ignore user feature that comes with Supporter status.

Around the Network

Haha, I honestly didn't know until now that you could check how many users were online. Lots of lurkers and lots of banned members.

think-man said:
Haha, I honestly didn't know until now that you could check how many users were online. Lots of lurkers and lots of banned members.

Yeah, it's pretty cool.

Everybody's saying numbers, numbers, numbers, and I agree, but then they drop, almost nobody comments in the threads, it disappears from the main page, and fades into the ether. I know this to be true because I never miss the new numbers. Grand Theft Auto V.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

It's called vgchartz for a reason...yet the reason is no more, so...

Around the Network
think-man said:

Jaaaa? Please to tell me. How do I do this thing?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

gooch_destroyer said:
"We're not like NeoGAF"

There.

That is seriously one of the reasons that I am here.

@COKTOE: Just go to the very bottom of the page, and look at the gray line there.

aLkaLiNE said:
1) better/more consistent software/hardware tracking. Most people here were pulled in from the numbers.

2) revamp the spam/ads so that they aren't so fucking intrusive and website breaking on mobile.

3) ????

Profit.

/thread

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I implore everyone to use an Ad Blocker until they change their abusive advertising regime, if you hit them in the wallets, then they may take notice and make a positive change.

Then hopefully the website is a little less of a turn-off for current users and potential future users.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

I implore everyone to use an Ad Blocker until they change their abusive advertising regime, if you hit them in the wallets, then they may take notice and make a positive change.

Then hopefully the website is a little less of a turn-off for current users and potential future users.

I don't think the site is making that much money anymore.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---