By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Kotaku - Switch is Dominating PS4 in Japan

Jranation said:
"Switch will be dead on arrival"

" Switch will sell shit like the Wii U cause its underpowered and no 3rd party AAA support"

" Nintendo should go third party developers"

That`s the mantra before the Switch launches.

Everywhere

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Azuren said:

It'll always be a dockable handheld to me ;)

No you're a dockable handheld

That's classified information.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

We get a a lot of threads about switch dominating in Japan. Weird how we hardly or don't get threads about ps4 dominating in Europe and worldwide

Agente42 said:
Jranation said:
"Switch will be dead on arrival"

" Switch will sell shit like the Wii U cause its underpowered and no 3rd party AAA support"

" Nintendo should go third party developers"

That`s the mantra before the Switch launches.

Everywhere

Yep! They dont know that Nintendo "handhelds" always do well. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Azuren said:
What would you know about my personal narrative? I don't even know who you are.

I know that instead of congratulating the Switch on its utter dominance in Japan you directed attention to your decision that it should've done so anyway because it's a "handheld", meaning that it wouldn't directly dominate the PS4 anyway. You aren't the only person to make this mistake in this thread though, so don't feel as though I'm just singling you out for some reason. Your post was really just an easy way in to direct that at anyone saying the same.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Azuren said:
What would you know about my personal narrative? I don't even know who you are.

I know that instead of congratulating the Switch on its utter dominance in Japan you directed attention to your decision that it should've done so anyway because it's a "handheld", meaning that it wouldn't directly dominate the PS4 anyway. You aren't the only person to make this mistake in this thread though, so don't feel as though I'm just singling you out for some reason. Your post was really just an easy way in to direct that at anyone saying the same.

I'll congratulate the Switch on something unexpected, not something that follows the status quo. And my post has the same message that has been repeated over and over in this thread, so maybe it's not a mistake.

Maybe it's fact.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

What are the asterisks for? The pic doesn't explain them.

VGPolyglot said:

It looks like they're just placeholder digits so each sales figure can have six characters in it (not counting the comma).

StarDoor said:
VGPolyglot said:

It looks like they're just placeholder digits so each sales figure can have six characters in it (not counting the comma).

What a jerry-rigged way to keep the columns aligned

Well, that's good to hear. Hopefully this means it'll get some great Japanese support and in turn localize them to the west as well..???

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread