By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo partners with Western Digital to create licensed Switch SanDisk memory cards

Nintendo has teamed up with Western Digital Corporation on a new global partnership. The two sides are creating Nintendo-licensed memory cards for use with Switch.

Consumers will be able to purchase microSDXC cards in capacities of 64 GB and 128 GB, and will feature the Switch and SanDisk logos. These will begin to appear at select retail outlets starting in October 2017.

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

More like WD partners up with Nintendo... they are certainly the ones benefiting more from this branding.

Nintendo better not lock out other cards and mark these up.

Cool.

Good timing. I just had to "archive" my first Switch game to make room for Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack.

But is there anything special about these cards? Apart from the branding? I assume most microSD cards are compatible with Switch?

Around the Network
Shikamo said:

Nintendo has teamed up with Western Digital Corporation on a new global partnership. The two sides are creating Nintendo-licensed memory cards for use with Switch.

Consumers will be able to purchase microSDXC cards in capacities of 64 GB and 128 GB, and will feature the Switch and SanDisk logos. These will begin to appear at select retail outlets starting in October 2017.

Source

So, it will have a Switch logo that will be hidden 99.99% of the time, and require a magnifying glass to see during those brief moments it's within view....I suppose it'll be nice to have all your accessories in one area in the retail space, but beyond that, this doesn't seem to serve much purpose. Won't they potentially cost more as well?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

They are going to be more expensive I guess... I don't need an SD Card yet as I buy most games physical but when I run out of storage I'll go for 128gb. Can't believe these are so cheap these days.

COKTOE said:
Shikamo said:

Source

So, it will have a Switch logo that will be hidden 99.99% of the time, and require a magnifying glass to see during those brief moments it's within view....I suppose it'll be nice to have all your accessories in one area in the retail space, but beyond that, this doesn't seem to serve much purpose. Won't they potentially cost more as well?

The purpose is basically to help less tech savy people find what they're looking for easily.  

Do we know the price delta between these and standard, equivalent cards?
If they are close to parity I may consider picking one up.

JWeinCom said:
COKTOE said:

The purpose is basically to help less tech savy people find what they're looking for easily.  

And to make that cash.