By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo partners with Western Digital to create licensed Switch SanDisk memory cards

I'll continue to buy any other brand of microSD as they'll be cheaper

Around the Network
RavenXtra said:
I'll continue to buy any other brand of microSD as they'll be cheaper

Yeah, this mainly seems like it's going to be an easy way to increase the price of the cards without doing anything.

Oh nice!
The Micro SD card section ofstores will now look nicer xD

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Thanks but no thanks .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I bought a 512 GB card, will never buy another one....

Around the Network
tripenfall said:

Really? I thought 256 was the largest Micro SD cards on the market right now.

JWeinCom said:

The purpose is basically to help less tech savy people find what they're looking for easily.  

Yep.

Billy asks for "Switch memory" for Christmas. Grandma walks into walmart, sees this birghtly branded package and gets what she needs easily.

irstupid said:
tripenfall said:

This, and didn't Nintendo say the Switch was feasibly capable of handling Micro SD cards up to 2 TB? If that's the case, is anyone (Western Digital/SanDisk or others) even trying to increase the size of cards beyond 256GB?

I've never seen a 512 GB Micro SD card, so tripenall, could you tell us where you got yours, and what it cost?

mikrolik said:
irstupid said:

This, and didn't Nintendo say the Switch was feasibly capable of handling Micro SD cards up to 2 TB? If that's the case, is anyone (Western Digital/SanDisk or others) even trying to increase the size of cards beyond 256GB?

I've never seen a 512 GB Micro SD card, so tripenall, could you tell us where you got yours, and what it cost?

Wrong.

https://www.sandisk.com/home/memory-cards/microsd-cards/ultra-microsd-400gb

34 years playing games.

Sandisk actually just released a 400gb micro sd card for $250. Due to it, my local tech store had a clearance on cards. Managed to get a 256 gb for $99, which is pretty solid.

Anyway, these cards honestly aren't worth it. Just get a 256gb one for a good price on black friday or something